1986 Sea Nymph 15ft with a 72 Merc 500 50 hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joescarola

Reaction score
Hey ALL,

Was just hoping for some info, pics, ideas, anything of that nature for this boat. I started demo the other day and am new to re-building. I have ideas....but....I am want to make sure that i can actually make them work!!

Thanks for any input of any kind.......I will start putting up some pics soon

:WELCOME: to the forums. This post likely won't get much action until those pictures you promised are up. Once you do that - there will be plenty of opinions for you to choose from!!

Yup, we'll need some pictures.

In the mean time, take a stroll through the build threads .... you'll get idea overload :D

pics of the progress so far

Attachments

• 1472.JPG
    1472.JPG
    764.2 KB · Views: 577
  • 1473.JPG
    1473.JPG
    725.5 KB · Views: 577
  • 1474.JPG
    1474.JPG
    694.2 KB · Views: 577
  • 1475.JPG
    1475.JPG
    739.7 KB · Views: 577
  • 1476.JPG
    1476.JPG
    743.3 KB · Views: 577
more pics of progress, we got all the screws cut out, now i need to get the deck up and foam out!

Attachments

• 1476.JPG
    1476.JPG
    743.3 KB · Views: 576
  • 1477.JPG
    1477.JPG
    738.5 KB · Views: 576
  • 1478.JPG
    1478.JPG
    721.6 KB · Views: 576
  • 1479.JPG
    1479.JPG
    726.7 KB · Views: 576
  • 1480.JPG
    1480.JPG
    725.8 KB · Views: 576
Can anybody tell me the proper way to ground an aluminum boat? I have searched and searched and only get more confused? If i install a busbar that is attached to my console or in the back near the battery is that ok?

joescarola said:
Can anybody tell me the proper way to ground an aluminum boat? I have searched and searched and only get more confused? If i install a busbar that is attached to my console or in the back near the battery is that ok?

I will try and answer your question just because you drink my type of beer :mrgreen:

Do not use your boat as a ground, all your electronics should be grounded via your battery/s not your boat. Run a ground wire from your battery to a busbar and then your other ground wires to the busbar. I hope this helps and enjoy the Budlight I will in about 55 minutes. :beer:

i appreciate your reply man,

Haha it's either bud light or busch light for me!! and that's only cause i cant lone star out here in long island.

I assume that when putting in a bus bar that it would need to be mounted off of the hull itself, or if mounted to the hull i could put some plastic spacers between the bar and the hull? I also saw some stuff about zinc annodes, does this apply to a boat my size if I am fishing in the long island sound in brackish water?

Again thanks for the helpfull info

joescarola said:
i appreciate your reply man,

Haha it's either bud light or busch light for me!! and that's only cause i cant lone star out here in long island.

I assume that when putting in a bus bar that it would need to be mounted off of the hull itself, or if mounted to the hull i could put some plastic spacers between the bar and the hull? I also saw some stuff about zinc annodes, does this apply to a boat my size if I am fishing in the long island sound in brackish water?

Again thanks for the helpfull info

You are correct about the bus bar and the annodes will not hurt anything. Do you plan on keeping your boat in the water if so get some annodes.

We finished ripping everything out, I'll get some pics up soon. Can anybody recommend the best way to sand down the inside of the boat? Wire brush? Plain ol sandpaper?

joescarola said:
We finished ripping everything out, I'll get some pics up soon. Can anybody recommend the best way to sand down the inside of the boat? Wire brush? Plain ol sandpaper?

Are you taking the inside of the boat down to bare metal or just sanding the old paint to paint over? If removing all the paint I would recommend a 4" grinder and a cup wheel if you are just prepping for paint sandpaper will work.

PICTURES PLEASE :)

This is one cool looking old hull.....I see all kinds of potential with this boat. I like the splash rail, and the way the bow stays nice and wide. The sky is the limit with this one..... :WELCOME:

These are some more pics of final gut. I have not had time to get out and start sanding. Still not sure how I wanna go about it. I guess I should try the palm sander first with 160 grit and see how that goes. Just want to make sure that i get all the gunk and old paint of the inside so i can apply Gluvit.

Attachments

• 2012-06-23_12-05-07_997.jpg
    2012-06-23_12-05-07_997.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 412
  • 2012-06-17_19-16-27_909.jpg
    2012-06-17_19-16-27_909.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 412

Latest posts