16ft starcraft v - seat question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdawggg

Reaction score
Guys,

I am a newby to the forum and need help to understand if i can remove the first full seat from the stern? I want to open up the boat more and add some storage areas.
Its a 1984 is in a classic " Starcraft Red/Burgundy" she 's not pretty but its my first real tinner and I think she is beautiful.

If any one can comment or steer me to the best thread i would be very thankful.

GDAWGGG

Hey GDawg :WELCOME: to the forums!

You're opening up an argument here, but I'll be the first to chime in. When you remove seats some folks believe that you remove structural integrity in the process. You will also likely remove the legally required foam that people tend to disagree on as well. Regardless, post some pictures of the boat, and search or Starcrafts in the build thread, and I'm sure you will find some ideas.

If you have a tiller-motor I wouldn't take out the seat nearest the stern (did you mean bow/front?) as you're likely going to need that unless you put in a pedestal seat on a floor. I would add my storage to the front to help balance the weight (IMHO).

Latest posts