Valspar Tractor & Implement Paint @ Tractor Supply - FYI

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojo^

Reaction score
Found out today that Tractor Supply no longer carries Valspar Tractor & Implement Paint. What is left on the shelves has been marked-down to clearance prices. Tractor Supply will now carry a brand called Majic (never heard of them). I discovered this today when I ran out of paint #-o while painting the inside of my boat and had to make a run to Tractor Supply. All I needed was one more quart of Ford Grey but had to buy a gallon because that was all they had left.

Majic seems to be good paint. I used it on the inside of my Ouachita. I bought mine at Agri-Supply company. It is (or at least was, I got mine a couple of years ago) a USA made paint (Majic Camoflage Paint #8-0852 made by Yenkin-Majestic Paint Corporation of Columbus, Ohio.).

i noticed this also when i stopped at tractor supply yesterday to try to get some enamel hardener...
i had thought someone had just bought it all up because it was 25% off, but it's also a valspar product so it looks like it is now unavailable from them

https://www.tractorsupply.com/majic-reg-catalyst-hardener-1-2-pint-1177127

after further investigation, it looks like this is what they will be carrying instead of the valspar enamel hardener in the future, but i was not yet in stock at my local tractor supply

i wonder if the chemistries of the two brands are compatible, as i already have one coat of paint using the valspar hardener on my boat, but i need to put a 2nd coat on still

Latest posts