Starcraft All Welded Jon Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA_Gas_Man

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 1988 Starcraft aluminum jon boat and am wondering if any of you have or seen one like mine. I am wanting to get some flooring/decking ideas from others. I have been looking at the builds, cajun special, trackers and such. I was told that cajun special bought out starcraft around 1990. Anyway, it is all welded, 16' long and 70" beam, 20" transom. It came with a good running 40hp evinrude, but I put an 85hp suzuki on it. I just finished getting everything hooked up and may give it a run tomorrow. Our sheriff dept used to own this boat so thats why it has the reflective graphics.
The guy I bought it from used the boat for freshwater crabbing only. So I had a local shop weld a trolling motor bracket on the bow. The PO also installed a front deck but its old and I'm planning on redoing it the way I want, along with the floor and rear deck, and new steering console.

zuki 19 medium.jpg
zuki 17.jpg

Cubman said:
You'll have to post up the performance with the 85hp, it looks like a fun boat.

I took it out earlier and it ran real good. There were 3 of us in the boat (about 650 lbs) and I had a steady 38 mph on the gps. I didn't have a chance to clock it by myself as the **** shift cable came loose where it connects under the bottom carb. I don't have a tach but it seems to me I could probably get more top end with a higher pitch prop without redlining it. But I will hook up a tach before changing props.

zuki 20.jpg

Nice looking boat with lots of potential. Isn't it amazing how when something like that comes loose/apart you can never seem to find the old parts and have to buy new?

Latest posts