Newbie here.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ77

Reaction score
I found this site the other day and was overwhelmed by the amount of information. It made me run out side and pull my old jon boat out from under the desk. I got it free a couple years ago from someone who just wanted it out of his hard. I took it out a couple times and it has a few leaky rivets. I would like to fix the leaks, transform and give it some new paint to start. It's not pretty right now, but it will only be used to fish some reservoirs. I ripped off the old nasty carpet that was it it. I plan to take a wire wheel to it and strip it down.

Can anyone tell what kind of boat it is?

137.jpg

135.jpg

134.jpg

133.jpg

132.jpg

136.jpg

I have no idea what that boat is, but there should be some kind of ID tag on it somewhere I would think.

And......Welcome to the TinBoat Family. We're happy to have you here.

First things first :WELCOME: This I know for sure it's a flat bottom Jon Boat :LOL2: but like Fender said there should be some kind of numbers on the right rear of the boat and again welcome

I can't add anything more about the boat other than what has already been said. I can however add WELCOME to TinBoats.net this is a great bunch of guys and there might even be some gals here too.

:WELCOME:

Hi there!

I'm pretty much a noob myself, so "welcome".

I'm in NJ too. What part are you from?

I bought a used 14' Grumann deep-v "fisherman" last summer. I've been working on it ever since and hope to get it in the water in the next month or so...

thanks everyone.. i look forward to learning more, getting some young family members into fishing and the outdoors.

I live in union county.

It's definitely a flat bottom jon boat :mrgreen:

Welcome to the site, and I look forward to seeing you fix r up. =D>

TJ77 said:
thanks everyone.. i look forward to learning more, getting some young family members into fishing and the outdoors.

I live in union county.

I'm out in Warren County near the PA border. I'm lucky to have 3 great fishing reservoirs within 10 miles - Round Valley, Spruce Run, and Merrill Creek.

Latest posts