Aircraft Stripper Questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RANGER94

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I have a 12 foot Richline boat, which has numerous layers of paint in very bad shape. I plan on completely stripping the old paint using Aircraft Stripper with a pressure washer. Due to the boat's location, I will not be able to paint the boat until a couple of weeks later. The boat is stored outside. Will I have any problems leaving boat completely stripped for a couple of weeks until I paint it?

Thanks

it will be fine, just spray some phosphoric acid on the hull before you paint to remove any oxidation then rinse, let dry and paint away. Use a good primer made for aluminum.

after using it side by side, i found that klean strip ks-3 works just as good as the "aircraft remover" that klean strip/rustoleum all sell, except that ks-3 is quite a bit cheaper. with both, best results are achieved if you don't let the product dry out once you've applied it. aircraft remover works a bit faster, but dries out faster as well. ks-3 is just slightly slower (but still fast enough to watch the paint bubble before your eyes) but it also doesn't dry out as fast.

for me stripper --> flexible metal scraper --> pressure washer was the best way to do it. that way you scrape off the majority of the paint and you can put it in the garbage, and then the pressure washer just gets any last bits and removes the stripper residue. the pressure washer will do a fine enough job by itself if you want to skip scraping... but it will make a hell of a mess with all of the paint ending up on the ground.

Latest posts