How many trailers? One per boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kismet

Reaction score
Or do you folks load/off-load on one trailer?

I ask, because it seems my TinBoat adventures, and the lifting, toting, and manipulating the 12 ft, the 14 ft, the 5.5 and 10 hp motors have given me the opportunity to develop a hernia. (We are NOT amused. Did some research and best bet seems to be careful, avoid stupid, and go without surgery for as long as I can. Haven't talked with a doctor yet, 'cuz mine retired. :? )

I've been using one trailer, but pulling the 14ft off, even stripped of most of the weight of motor, gas, etc, is a major task for me. On the other hand, it makes working with the 12 ftr seem like child's play. :)

Do you guys have a trailer per boat, or switch back and forth? I have the space, but maybe not the $.

What do you do?

Thanks.

you may want to look into launching wheels.makes it easier maneuvering a boat around,especially if you have a hernia.the inflateable ones are removeable so 4 brackets and 2 wheels will do both boats.

Thanks, BCbouy.

I'm looking at the skeleton of an old trailer with car tires on it. If I can switch hubs and get smaller tires, keel rollers and lights within a reasonable price, I'll probably give each boat its own trailer.

The launching wheels are neat, but so far, my launches have ramps. I did the damage sliding the big boat off the trailer and shoving the boat and trailer up an incline to the storage shed.

Think I'll try and rig a ball on the riding mower and see if that will let me move stuff around.

I appreciate your help.

Latest posts