Fishmaster T-Top

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbagger

Reaction score
Well after MUCH research and reading a wide variety of forums, I ordered my Fishmaster T-Top. I have to give a BIG BIG thanks to Bob
Landry from this forum. Way back in December when he started a thread that I found, I've been picking his brain and in pretty much constant contact with Bob by email. He's been a tremendous help and has more than bent over backwards to answer my every question and right down to full blown explanations covering every detail. For that Bob my friend, I thank you.

I ordered the top from Greg at Fishmaster on Wednesday and it showed up late Thursday. Two BIG BIG boxes. Friday morning close to noon I opened the boxes to have a look and start to sort things out. I did notice and issue with a weld that was more cosmetic than anything. I emailed Greg just about 2 pm. By the time I had a quick lunch, I had an email from Greg along with one from FedEx informing me that a complete set of lower components was being shipped to me. Here we are a day later and I remembered about 5 this morning that FedEx Home doesn't deliver on Saturdays. Well MUCH to my surprise, they did. I got in around 12 noon and there sat another hugh box from Fishmaster. Let me say this from the start. Greg at Fishmaster will bend over backwards for you to make you happy. I initially was considering the Fishmaster and a top from Stryker. Quality is close and the Stryker folding version is another $300.

That aside, my research of late showed that Stryker is having a LOT of issues and cannot deliver tops as they are supposedly backordered. I have learned they are losing a LOT of sales to Fishmaster and folks who have tried to cancel orders and get a refund are NOT having any luck! I sent them a simple email request well over a week ago and NO RESPONSE TO DATE! Meanwhile, Greg as Fishmaster has MORE than made me happy.

With the help of Bob, I'm doing some custom work to ensure there are no issues with the top and boat which is a 19' G3. The flooring is only .100 thick so I have ordered some .250 x 4" wide aluminum which will get bolted to the floor with self tappers and then I'll drill and tap that stock and bolt the t-top directly to the material. The stock is on the way and I have most of what I need here. I actually ordered some test stock to work with to ensure I will ordered ONLY the length I need when all is said and done. I'll probably powder coat the stock white prior to bolting it down to the deck.

Aside from waiting on stock, I'd hoped to start to assemble the top so that when my stock comes in on Monday I could start my initial fit. However, the weather is NOT cooperating with us here in Florida. It's been flat our pouring for days and no sign of it letting up for the next several days. Meanwhile, back at the ranch. I decided to make a change in the top material and go with Stamoid vs Sunbrella.
It is in theory easier to keep up and clean and totally waterproof.

Here's a link to Bob's finished thread and a photo of the boat. If you have ever want to order a T-Top I am here to tell you, FISHMASTER is the way to go. Price is fantastic and SERVICE is second to NONE!

Bob's build: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23041&hilit=fishmaster

Fishmaster site: https://www.fishmaster.com/ (The top is $995 DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR!)

Now if the **** weather will cooperate!

Once again, thank you Bob!

Tom

Attachments

• 20120527_065811.jpg
    20120527_065811.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 718

Latest posts