Coleman Crawdad questions....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrmayo

Reaction score
I have came across an older Crawdad and have worked out a trade for it. I havent picked it up yet but will later on this week. Have a few questions. First off its the ugly brighter green color and wondering what it would take to get some paint to stick to it. What paint and primer to use.

Second. Would it be ok to remove either the front or rear seat frame. Preferably the front. Maybe remove it and do a small floor with a pedestal on it. Just don't know about how much this would mess with how sturdy this boat will be. Any help is appreciated and some thoughts about the boat overall.

I have seen that done before, crawdads are a big deal around my way. I personally would just get fold up seats for it. Comfort on your back and you can turn on them slightly.

Your biggest concern will be making a makeshift rudder. Those crawdads are a PITA in the wind. I had one and traded it for a Basshunter model pontoon style boat.

I love Crawdads and have been looking for a cheap one for a while.

I'm pretty sure the support pieces are screwed or bolted together ..... you can always take the seat out, try your mod, and put it back to normal if it doesn't work out.

Personally, I think your idea of removing the seat and adding a small floor with pedestal seat is fantastic! Go for it!!!!

i have had pretty good luck getting krylon fusion paint to stick to plastic.
https://www.krylon.com/products/fusion_for_plastic/

For now I will just put some padded fold down seats on it and wait till the winter to fool with the rest. I will try to find something at work to throw a rudder together.

Jim....Do you like the Basshunter style boat better? If so why? What were the likes and dislikes of the 2?

Thanks guys....

Latest posts