Bilge pump options

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firescooby

Reaction score
Looking for an affordable option for my boat.

I take my boat to our campground and leave it in the water for 2 weeks hooked to the dock. I also take my battery out every time to charge it.

What is a good bilge pump option? I'd even do a handpump if I could find one that has a decent volume. Just looking for something to use to pump the water out after a storm.

Thanks

Walmart has a good 500gph for $20 at most of there stores (Tsunami I believe is the brand). Hose cost an extra $10, and you would need a toggle switch and some wires... All in all, cost you less then $50. That's what I did, as there wasn't really any advantage to buying one on Amazon.com or anywhere else online, the price difference was minimal, and walmart was more convenient for me.

I bought one at Academy for around $50 if I remember correctly. It has an automatic switch and it came with the hose.

If you are only going to be using it to empty rain water when you get there and not leave it in and connected to a battery, I would get a $20 pump and put aligator clamps on the wires. Then all you have to do is walk down, drop the pump down in the boat with the hose hanging over the side and connect to the battery.

MOE said:
I bought one at Academy for around $50 if I remember correctly. It has an automatic switch and it came with the hose.

If you are only going to be using it to empty rain water when you get there and not leave it in and connected to a battery, I would get a $20 pump and put aligator clamps on the wires. Then all you have to do is walk down, drop the pump down in the boat with the hose hanging over the side and connect to the battery.

$50 was about the ballpark price I saw for one with a float on/off switch. That is a nice bonus, and certainly go for it if you like. Otherwise, what MOE suggested should get you to where you need to be. Or you could mount it and hard wire it if you preferred.

I picked up a attwood waterbuster portable bilge pump from Cabela's (runs on batteries) about three years ago when taking my brothers smaller jon out fishing and I use it in my boat as a backup and to empty and fill my portable livewell.

Latest posts