Tiller handle keeps hitting seat??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbr18

Reaction score
Hi, i got a new, larger 25 hp on my jon and the handle keeps on hitting my seat on the back bench when im driving. Is there a way to mount the seat pedastal on the floor of the jon without drilling thru the hull or making a floor? Thanks

I had this same problem and instead of moving my seat I moved the motor over 2" from center on the transom and even modified the tiller handle on the motor and moved it almost 2" on the motor itself.

Very carefully :lol: What make and model motor do you have?

I gained about 1.5 inches by jumping the handle over to the other side of the mount and another half inch or so by tweaking the angle it came off the motor. I had to make my own custom brace out of aluminum as you can see in the pic.
DSCN6516.JPG

But not really trying to mess with the motor too much, thanks though. I wonder what the best way to mount a pedastal to the floor of the hull without drilling thru hull and not requiring a plywood floor?

You could set the motor back by using jack plate. This will also let you raise or lower the motor if needed.

That is also a good idea. Or you can offset your motor enough to miss the seat..... I went 2" and it did not effect the performance off the boat and motor at all because the engine is still pushing on the centerline of the transom. I tested it out on the lake and then bolted it on. Boat runs just like it did dead center.

Latest posts