Livewell aerators

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 7806

Reaction score
Some of the things that the PO did are on the strange side. I have a make shift livewell on one side of my boat that I think was a seat at one time and the center 1/3 was cut out and the remaining made into storage/cooler the other being a livewell. You fill and empty the LW with the portable bilge pump. The LW has an air line running to it with a air pump in the rear of the boat. The air pump is not an aquatic air pump but a Sears pump for fill tires and ?? It works fine but it's so noisey that it's just a pain.

I have a 3v air pump on my minnow bucket that runs off 2 D cells, I would rather have it run off the 12v system. What are others using for aerators for their LW?

A bilge pump connected to a peice of pvc with holes drilled in it poring into the water.

If you want it to double as a drain. Have the pump connected to a peice of pvc going to a side outlet elbow. One of the sides goes to a ball valve which then goes to your pvc with holes and a endcap.(aerator) And the other side with another ball valve then going out the wall of your livewell out of your boat.(If you bought a T joint you could tap this into your bilge pump exit.

TO CONTROL IT: If you are wanting to use it as a aerator you have the aerator ball valve open and drain valve closed. Or to drain it vise-versa.

Did you get all that? haha :shock:

I just made one like he said using a cooler. On the hose I have hooked up to drain it I have another bilge pump hooked to it so I can pump fresh water or to fill it up. Havent put any fish in it yet though lol

Latest posts