Mod question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

venom295pe

Reaction score
I have been lurking on this site for a while, this is a great site. I recently got my dad's 14ft v hull and I'm going to start redoing it. I have a question about removing on of the benches in it. It currently has 3 benches and i was thinking removing the center bench to make it easier to walk in. Will doing this mess with the integrity of the boat in anyway. After removing it i am wanting to put a floor in it from back to front, what material is the best to use for this. Also I was wondering if someone could give me some info on my boat, the only marking I can find on it is a cherokee emblem on back of the boat, I will try to upload a pic later. Thanks in advance for all the help, Mitch.

Hi Mitch,
:WELCOME: to the forums and congrats on the boat!

Removing the seat may compromise the integrity of the hull and cause it flex which might result in leaky rivets or seams. Many folks on here do it though and do it successfully. I almost did it myself, but realized I would rather just have a flat floor, and a nice deck in the front with a trolling motor. I spent a lot of time just staring at my boat. I would also say fish in it before you start making mods to make sure you know what you want.

Fish first... think of what you would like, and then search the site to see if it's been done.

Don't hesitate to ask questions either. This is a great site and you'll learn a lot!

Welcome Mitch

The only aluminum boat mfg that used the indian emblem that I'm aware of was Ouachita. There is currently a Cherokee boat co but I'm not aware of any tinny's that they made. While there are several versions of their emblem over the years, if it looks similar to one of these then it's probably a Ouachita brand boat.

Attachments

• Ouachita1.jpg
    Ouachita1.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Ouachita2.jpg
    Ouachita2.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 153

Latest posts