need help identifying boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

870 ExpressMag

Reaction score
I just bought this boat and cant find any model placards anywhere in or on it. The title also shows unknown for year and model. I know it's a 15ft Meyers. And it used to have steering wheel drive but the previous owner removed all that and it's now tiller steer. I am curious on a model. I did find a Michigan registration sticker on the side for 1972 so I am guessing late 60's. Thanks for any help
IMG-20120615-00423.jpg

IMG-20120615-00424.jpg

IMG-20120615-00425.jpg

IMG-20120615-00426.jpg

No this looks to be older than the 70 if they used 2 sheets of metal for bottom. It will have a keel cover riveted over the center all the from bow to stern. Mostly used in the late 40s 50s & 60s after the wars as they used surplus aircraft aluminum for their designs. If it has solid sheet only cut for rolling then it would most likely be 60s/70s not 40/50s
I would like to know how thick the metal is as most surplus was thicker.. .090 I think the number is. Are the gussets cast or stamped ?
Fun rig take care of it and DON'T put all that crap 2x4s and plywood in it. If you cant stand in it find out with your mom why.
Tahee ya should have learned when you were a baby, how to stand up. If your boat rocks to much try sitting down and back off the beer.

if by gussets you mean the traingle pieces on top of the back corners that go from gunwales to stern, then yes they are cast aluminum. I just drilled thru them to put cleats on them since the boat had no dock tie-offs. I will try and measure the thickness of the metal. I believe your right in it having two sheets of metal for bottom, when hitting someones wake cross-wise it sounds a little hollow like it could be two pieces. don't plan on doing the platform thing, boat is fine the way she is, just gonna add some seats and pole holders

YOUR DA MAN gota love it look on inside bottom you can tell if the boat is seamed by back seat it will be smooth NO center rivets or line where 2 pieces join they will join somewhere up starting at bow seat. This will be newer. Keep all the wood you can out of your boat. The wood in the stern is for dampening vibration and a little stabilization in the sheet metal. Poly boards do as good or better and they WON'T rot. Think why they stopped building Galleons. ROT and WORMS GROG didn't hurt them it just got the bilge rats fat. yummmmm meat in the soup... Thanks cookie
Just an after thought do ya know why all the sailors were happy when they went to sea?

i looked and sure enough it's a 2-piece bottom, seam and rivets right up center of bottom of boat and the pieces you reffered to before are cast. So does this mean this beat is late 40's or 50's?! wow it's older than i thought! anyone have an idea of a model number or anything? i would like to know motor rating and weight capacity

Latest posts