Lowe V hull (Deep-v) opinions ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

y2k600f4

Reaction score
I'm having a real hard time finding a larger Jon Boat (17-18') which have the mod-v hull. However I am starting to see some Lowe Utility-V (deep-V type) boats pop up. They have the higher sides and looks like the capacity for a 16 footer is about the same for the 17-18' Jon boats. Would this be a good alternative to the Jon boat ? Thanks.

Deep V's are some of the safest boats on the water in their size class, and their capacities are considerably more than a mod V or jon.

I love my deep V and won't go back to a mod, jon, or bass boat style hull again.

Great info. Thanks. Anyone have an idea of what the difference between draft would be ? Would like to use it in salt water flats. thanks.

y2k600f4 said:
Great info. Thanks. Anyone have an idea of what the difference between draft would be ? Would like to use it in salt water flats. thanks.
My 14 deep v will run very nice in 1 foot of water, when I have the engine up I can easily pole my way around in 6 inches of water....and if it gets too skinny i just get out and pull it easily off the sand or grass flat to deeper water.

My mod v Lowe 170 bass boat does great getting through very shallow spots. I'm enjoying it, but I pay close attention to storms and winds as it has its limitations (as all boats do...)

Attachments

• Das Boat.jpg
    Das Boat.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 396

Latest posts