Weight Issue Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Rugby

Reaction score
This is my very first attempt at a conversion so bear with me! Pictures will be coming shortly.

My neighbor GAVE me his old boat, hated to see it not being used...so I added a front casting deck and am now toiling with the bow mount motor.

My biggest concern is the weight of the battery. With the addition of the deck, plus the motor and then the battery I am concerned about nosing over!

I used 2X2 for the framing and 11/32" plywood for the deck itself and filled in the space with styro foam and spray foam for additional rigidity and bouyancy. I don't think it is really more than 20# total.

The batteries I have looked at all seem really heavy...I need some suggestions please.

I am not a small guy, so getting up on that deck has me truly concerned from a safety standpoint.

14' long approximately 36" wide. There will be a 5hp Merc outboard on the back, except on controlled lakes which will be a second trolling motor.

Ive got a 14v with battery under fromt deck gas and 9.9 in rear amd my 250+lbs is plenty stable amd bouyant up front. Not sure if you have flatbottom or v.

36" bottom maybe tippy with a raised deck - you may want to just add a flat floor up front and a pedestal seat. Give it (Your Raised Deck) a try in some swallow water before heading out and wear a PFD.

Thanks!

I decided to tear out the casting deck as well as the factory bench seats replace with a one piece floor with my pedestal seats.

Latest posts