new boat with questions"PICTURES"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diabetik11

Reaction score
i got a old 12ft alumacraft this spring and i like it a lot it is a model R7 rated for a 20hp motor, does anyone know what year this could be. i got a 15hp evinrude for it. so i have been fishing out of it a lot and i want to finally do some mods to it nothing big but i want to put a casting deck in it, will be from the middle bench seat up to the front seat. then plan to put a bow mount trolling motor and pedestal seat on that. maybe put a casting deck back by the transom and over the rear bench seat. for decking it i was wondering if cedar is a good choice or if i should just get some regular 2x4s and seal them. with the deck up front including the trolling motor and battery will that be to much weight? or another option i was thinking of doing is just put a bow mount on with no deck. i just don't know how i would attach it to the boat. any help will be awesome

here are some pics of the boat
2cyotk.jpg

1gok5u.jpg

2m6kifs.jpg

9r7qtw.jpg

Not sure what year your boat is but she is in nice shape :) Looks like ya got an 85 Evinrude there, nice little motor. You will notice after you get all your mods done that you won't go nearly as fast with that 15hp and may even have to go down in pitch on your prop to get her on plane. But this will all depend on how much weight you end up putting in. You won't regret putting a casting deck with a pedestal seat up front with a bow mount trust me :D

FROM YOUR EMBLEM/LOGO ON THE SIDE ID HAVE TO SAY LATE 50'S TO EARLY 60'S.....BUT IM NO ALUMACRAFT EXPERT EITHER....

If you can afford it, go with aluminum angle for the framing. It will save you on the weight. If you can't, you might be able to get away with using 2X2's instead of 2X4's to also save you a bit on the weight.

I have a 14' V with a 15HP 'rude as well, and opted to go with a shorter front deck where I just extended the front seat with aluminum framing and 1/2 inch ply. I'm pretty happy with it. I also added a floor between the middle and back seat in hopes that the dogs will eventually come out to the lake with me (and my son when he's old enough).

Don't go too high up with the deck is my only advice - it may get too tippy for you. I kept my height at seat level.

Congrats on the boat - she's looks great!

ok i changed my mind i might just put a flat floor in it and maybe a deck in the back by the motor, but i need to figure out how to attach a bowmount to the boat any ideas?

Do you have the bow mount yet? I bolted mine right through the bow cap. You can use an aluminum or wood backer plate also. And I wouldn't hesitate to put a casting deck up front. Unless you a really clumsy it should be plenty stable.

johny25 i want to but i think there will be just to much weight up front with me a bow mount and the battery, anyone have any pic of how they mounted there bow mount motor to the front of the boat

Here is the best pic I could find of mine bolted right through the bow cap and solid, I will try and get a good one tomorrow. I have a Lowe 1467t (13' 11" length) and I have a full casting deck (40-50lbs wood, carpet &hardware), custom seat (15lbs), large deep cycle battery (60lbs +), anchor (15lb), misc tools (10lbs), PDV2 55lbs thrust bow mount (28lbs) and my 205lb fat *** up there and don't have an issue unless 3 foot waves are coming.

That's 380lbs plus from the front bench forward when I am up front

DSCN6557.JPG

so i started to put a deck in tonight, its a different kind of deck its level with the seats, pictures will explain the rest, i used a piece of angle aluminum to hold it up, i screwed a piece to each bench and then put the deck on those, i bolted the deck to the angle aluminum then seems sturdy enough, i will test it out tmarow, i plan to carpet it to. i like it like this cause then u can still access the floor easily and if you want the deck removed just remove the bolts and your done. now i just need a bow mount trolling motor then i will be set. i am putting a pin style pedestal on it
the first pic shows the angle aluminum attached to the benches
33xtstj.jpg

the second pic shows the deck assembled and on the angle aluminum
v7e4wg.jpg

the third is a pic of it being sealed
14twn02.jpg

Latest posts