12ft V w/ 25hp merc

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate this deal

• overpriced

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • fair/decent deal

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • sweet deal

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • great deal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

J.P.

Reaction score
hi guys.

i saw a local listing for a 2 year old and seldom used 12 foot aluminum boat, it's practically ding free. it's baracuda brand from Australia (i think). the boat comes with a plywood floor and carpeted benches, which i like becauseit's just begging for a deck mod. boat comes with a trailer and a late (2000?) model 2stroke 25hp merc, with low hours. seller wants equivalent of US$3,100. it seems like a good deal, if i consider the law of supply and demand (in my country, it's low demand and virtually zero supply). my plywood boat serves me well, but i want a tinny, so i can be just like you guys.

i look at CL just for the heck of it and see tin boats that sell for very low and i'm so green with envy. i wish we had deals like that here. i want to know if the listing i saw can be considered a fair, decent, good or great deal in your area.

your opinions would affect whether i become an certified tinboater...............i'm nearly there, but i need a little nudge in the right direction.

Attachments

• 12ft tin & 25hp merc.JPG
    12ft tin & 25hp merc.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 336
If the motor does have low hours then that setup would fetch $2,500 around here easily. That is a 2000-2005 2 stroke Merc.... very nice motor, and that is coming from an OMC guy :shock: The motor alone is worth $1800-2300 around these parts depending on how clean it really is. I say it's a good deal for your location for sure.

I clicked fair/decent because I don't know if a trailer comes with it,or what type of trailer? Throw in a trailer and it is a sweet deal for where you live I would say.

thanks johnny.
my post did say it comes with a trailer, but i don't know what kind and in what condition, hopefully it's the same age as the rig. you can change your vote if you wish.

yamaha and mercury are the only local marine dealerships here, so the 25hp merc makes this deal even more attractive.

I'd buy that for $3,100.00

That's a pretty neat looking little boat, and even though I am kind of an OMC guy, too, I also have a favorable impression of that series of Mercury motor that's attached to her.

T-C

My 25hp Merc is a 2000 & I paid just for the motor $1500.Compression was 145#.
I felt that the price for that rig was a little high over here but where you are it might be about right.

All I know is I could see that same setup around here going for the price that guy is asking over there. Now I always take into consideration that it is an ASKING price. There is usually a negotiable $200-500 or more off the asking price. Cash is king and always gets you a better deal. I have never paid full price for anything so when I look at that boat & motor I think that I could get it at $2900 minimum.... and may even be able to work him down to $2500 depending on how bad he needs the greenbacks. And only you can understand the supply and demand over there. All we can do is guess...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I've worked out a deal with the seller. Turns out he's not in a rush to sell. Just perfect because I'm not in a rush to buy either. If I let this deal pass I may not have the same chance for a long time. Luckily, he agreed to reserved the boat to me for one year. He won't sell to anybody else without asking me first (so that I can buy it first), and i have to tell him right away if i decide to back out of the deal.

Latest posts