My outboard riser

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex Predator

Reaction score
I've got a 1644 Monark and long shaft 25 Mercury. The anti-ventilation (cavitation) plate was 3" below the bottom of the boat. I fabricated this riser out of 3" X 3/8" aluminum angle and 2"X3"X1/4" rectangle. Hopefully all my measurements are accurate, cause it looks awfully high. Once the 5200 sets up a day or so, I'll get the engine mounted again. I plan to fish her this weekend, so I'll let ya'll know how she performs.

ModsJune124.jpg

ModsJune125.jpg

ModsJune126.jpg

It's going to be strong that's for sure. You should have test the boat and motor on the water before using the 5200.

It's been raining a lot lately, and I don't have a cover for her yet. If I have to lower the height, it will mean replacing the rectangle tube. I sure hope it works out like it is.

Cool design Apex. Very strong, simple and easy to make. I think I'm going to steal it :) I'm in the same boat so to speak. I need to raise my motor ('66 20 hp Johnson) a few inches, but I don't want/need a million dollar adjustable jackplate. Just something to raise the motor a bit. Where did you get your aluminum? How much? Keep us posted on the test run. I'm sure it will be fine.

I like this idea. I may use it also. How long is the tubing on top? Thanks Ivan

This bracket works great! My top speed before the bracket was 29 mph. With the motor raised up she runs 28 mph. I have added about 150# though, so I'm happy. She draws three inches less of water, which is the best gain.

7-11-123.jpg

7-11-124.jpg

Nice work, glad it worked out for you. I'm not seeing a #150 of metal there, where did all the extra weight come from?

Apex Predator said:
Most of the weight is the group 29 battery, trolling motor, and deck I built on the bow.

Okay that makes sense, I read it that the jack plate was #150