Opinion Needed on this Jon Boat Lowe 1648

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

y2k600f4

Reaction score
I found this local....looks from the pics to be in decent shape. Hopefully going to see it today.

-Lowe 1648 "Big Jon" (riveted, .072") with galvanized trailer....year unknown. Appears to be the one w/o the alum floor.
-1995/1996 J30RLEOB 30 HP Johnson (2 stroke)...hours unknown; says had "overhaul maintenance about 2 years ago"
-Electric Trolling motor
-2 battery boxes

Figuring new the boat trailer combo sells for maybe $3000 range but obviously this is not new. Motor I am guessing maybe worth $800 used ??

Was looking for a 17-18' all welded 0.100" with a 40-50 HP 4 stroke but this may surfice if I can get it for the right price !!!!

What would be a good price to pay for this basic combo ????....I am figuring I am going to need to at least add some decent seats, rod holders and a good fish finder/gps combo. Looks like it needs some rewiring and in the wood floor removed. Thanks.

Do you have any pictures? What year is the hull? Is the motor in running condition?

Without pics or more info price could vary hundreds if not thousands.

Neighbor of mine just paid 5k for a 04' Lowe 1756? with 04' Johnson 50hp in fair condition. Trailer was like new. It was a bit high IMO but you pay for those wide boats.

sixgun86 said:
Do you have any pictures? What year is the hull? Is the motor in running condition?

Without pics or more info price could vary hundreds if not thousands.

Neighbor of mine just paid 5k for a 04' Lowe 1756? with 04' Johnson 50hp in fair condition. Trailer was like new. It was a bit high IMO but you pay for those wide boats.

Here is the listing on craigslist. The hull year is unknown. Going to try and look at it this evening.

https://greensboro.craigslist.org/boa/3091017574.html

Not sure about it...think I'd rather go with an all welded 0.100" boat

Night pictures, nice. From what I can see in those awful pics IMO I'd value it at $1800 on the low, $2500 on the high. $1200 if motor won't run. Also would be really hesitant to pay more than $1500 on any boat I didn't run in the water first. But if I got there and the hull was in really nice shape and the motor was clean and ran good I wouldn't hesitate adding to my highside if it was what I needed. Not by too much more though.

Cash money talks. I bet Mr. Franklin might be able to sway your seller but if it's not what you're looking for don't settle.