Boat is too #@^^& hot!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New River Rat

Reaction score
Got out yesterday in 95º+ on my favorite flow, and tin boats get hot! Anyone has a cool solution to share? Bare legs touching the bench is mostly my dilemma.

might not be what you wanna hear but Carpet.. it helps so much.. only thing burnin me now is my "pleather" seats if i stand up and fish for a while and the sun is beamin down on them haha.. gotta remember to fold em up.

i fish barefoot in my boat 24/7 i take off flip flops before steppin in boat to keep it cleanish and toss em in the storage under deck. carpet stays cool just a lil warm.. everything else in boat is primed Gray. and i catfish... so i sit in 1 spot in the sun and can handle it.. bare aluminum anywhere is gonna draw some heat or reflect it.

Don't wear short shorts! [-X :LOL2: haha but seriously, carpet the benches and install swivel seats.

Thanks for trhe suggestions, but carpet, wood, paint are out of the question. I had convertable guide pants on, but in "short" mode. I'm thinking some of those pants made of firehose. :mrgreen: I guess I could carry a beach towel to lay on the metal.

A review I wrote on these....

https://www.crappie.com/crappie/member-sponsor-classified-ads/184202-umbrella-ez-mount-one-mans-review.html

Rhino liner or something like that.
We bought a 17' with an spray liner, and frankly, its the sh1t. You could even lay over the floor or anywhere else, and the surface is acceptable. warm but not hot.
The floor doesnt reflect that much light. Its great to say the least.

Or take the boat to the liner's company, and youre set.

I think one of the best options is to paint the interior a light color. I have a white boat with a white interior and white (plastic) seats to boot and don't have a problem with the Arizona sun. The white interior can be a little bright at times, and I've heard that light blue is probably the best for heat/glare.

Another option would be to get a few of those throwable square flotation devices. They're not really soft cushions, but they would make sitting on the metal benches a little more comfortable. Along those lines a padded stadium seat would be a good option too, or perhaps one of those garden kneeling pads.

I think one of the best options would be a bimmi top for shade, but that's probably a $250-$300 upgrade.

You could also look into seats; plastic is cheaper than vinyl, and probably cooler too. Bass Pro, Wal-Mart, and many online retailers have the clamp on plastic seats and they're usually only $25-$35.

Hopefully those ideas give you something to think about. :mrgreen:

You can get an inexpensive rubber backed rug from home depot for like $30. Cut it to fit your benches/deck/floor and toss it in on hot days .... no need to permanently attach it .... same concept as floor mats for your car. It makes a huge difference on hot days, and gives you the flexibility to remove it and not deal with the nasty/rotten/smelly carpet issues.

Latest posts