My old Sears boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

straightaxle

Reaction score
It's old need a ton of work but it is ours and we will use it..... Someday.
06251215531.jpg

06131210191.jpg

what happened to the gunwales up front? they are structural support, boat might fold up w/o them if you hit a wave wrong

Sorry it took me so long to reply but our computer crashed and just got it back. The gunwales were removed because they were smashed by previous owner. I just got the boat a few weeks ago and have not even taken it out yet. I did ad a 3/4" Sch. 40 PVC gunwale, new bow plate, working on the wood piece on the stern.

Some older tins had sandwiched 1x2's and they increase rigidity 10 fold. Add some spar urethane and they looks great. Consider this instead of pvc.

Attachments

• 2-1.jpg
    2-1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 963
Will do. The PVC cot only $5.00. I have seen replacement gunwale out off extruded PVC so I thought I'd give it a try. The boat is plenty stiff now, will be kept under cover when not in use. Nest go around will be wood. I made the motor plate for the transom out of 1x13 Oak that will be getting several coat of spar urethane.

This is an old thread, but your boat looks VERY similar to the Deep V that I just aquired. It is a 1962 "Elgin" that is 14 ft. long and 60" wide. I can't wait to get it ship worthy. It has a slight leak as I am told and the transom needs replacing.

Oak973 said:
This is an old thread, but your boat looks VERY similar to the Deep V that I just aquired. It is a 1962 "Elgin" that is 14 ft. long and 60" wide. I can't wait to get it ship worthy. It has a slight leak as I am told and the transom needs replacing.
Elgin probably made boats for sears.
You should start a thread for your boat.

Latest posts