boat seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought my first boat, a 15ft Meyers aluminum with 2 benches and a triangle bow seat. I want to add cushion seats to it and swivels but i dont want to break the bank either. The boat is only used for fishing. Heres the seats I was looking at, and was looking for any elses experiences or input.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/B-M-3534-Deluxe-Boat-Seat/20566084
i'm 6' 310lbs and my buddy is about the same, my dad is 5'9" 220. Thats who will mainly be using it.

These have served me well. Durable and comfortable. I was over 300# when I got them a couple years ago.

seat.jpg

I've seen those - $25 is a little steep for the quality on them IMO.

I'd tell you to spend the extra 5$ and get these:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Attwood-Padded-Flip-Boat-Seat-Gray/16203728

Myself and a lot of people here have them and like them.

i have read a lot of good things about those plastic padded seats but i've always been leary of them, for some reason they just dont look like they would hold up to a bigger guy. I keep seeing WISE has some seats in my price range, how are those? seen some for 35 and 39.

If the frame looks like this the tabs will bend if a big guy leans against the seat back. My son managed to bend mine. (they bend back) I probably will replace them with a better quality seat this winter.

Attachments

• Boat Stuff 007.jpg
    Boat Stuff 007.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 374
jasper60103 said:
These have served me well. Durable and comfortable. I was over 300# when I got them a couple years ago.

seat.jpg

This question comes up a lot and the overwhelming winner in terms of popularity is the seat shown here.

You can get them lots of different places and in lots of different colors, but they are basically all the same.

They work. They are comfortable. They are durable. They are inexpensive.

I weigh 210 pounds and have never had a single issue with these seats.

Just because something is plastic does not mean it is weak and flimsy.

Latest posts