Minn Kota Power Drive V2 55# Thrust TM

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vermonster

Reaction score
I was looking at the 45# model New at BassPro anyways, but I found a used (good condition) Minn Kota PowerDrive V2 55# thrust 54" 12V trolling motor in my area, but the guy wants $400 for it (he won't budge).

I can get a new 45# for $460.

I'm pushing a 14' V - what do you guys think I should roll with? I'm having a hard time deciding which way to go.

I use the 40 lbs one on my 16' Sylvan boat and it pulls it around just fine even in the wind!!! I love my power drive V2 will never have another boat without one!!!

I would go with the 45# new one, as I've got the 55# on my 2072 Alumacraft and it pulls that big tub around great. I went with the 45# on my 1648 Tracker and I see no reason for a bigger TM on it, so a 14' hull out to go great with that amount of thrust. For the price ,I'd go new with warranty, and smile all the while 8). I used the 55#, all day Mon. to run around an entire 680 ac lake, and still had plenty of battery left with a group 27 size. Because the 55# works that good, I went with the HD version of the group 24 on the 45#, and feel like I'll have plenty of battery capacity for a full day easy with the 45#'er. JMO, based on experience with My last 3 boats.

Thanks guys - I was leaning towards the new one just for the warranty. Then I know what I'm getting and feel better about it. I have a old 25# Shakespeare Trolling motor that gets me across the lake in a heavy wind, but it's a transom mount. I confirmed that I can reverse it and mount it on the bow, but having a footpedal would be really nice! I like the ability of running the pedal all the way to the back if need be too.

Latest posts