Flooring a 10ft Jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRyno10

Reaction score
I recently picked up a 10ft'er and I am not sure what to do about the floor. I want to keep it light weight but I also want to cover it so its not so noisy if something were to drop, or setting stuff down. I believe I have two routes to take. 1 - Plywood flooring and 2- Rustoleum Bedliner? I was just hoping to get some input and opinions on the options available.
Thanks - JRyno

JRyno10 said:
I recently picked up a 10ft'er and I am not sure what to do about the floor. I want to keep it light weight but I also want to cover it so its not so noisy if something were to drop, or setting stuff down. I believe I have two routes to take. 1 - Plywood flooring and 2- Rustoleum Bedliner? I was just hoping to get some input and opinions on the options available.
Thanks - JRyno

For what you are looking to do I would get some 1/2 ply cut it to fit coat/paint it lay it on the floor and go fishing.

JRyno10 said:
Thanks - JRyno
If the noise is all you are concerned about, I would do neither on a 10 footer. You've got what, 275 or 300# of weight capacity to work with? Every pound of wood or bedliner you put in there is a pound of gas/battery/bait/tackle/dog/beer that you can't bring along. It's easy to overload those tiny boats, even with just one person aboard, once you have your stuff with you.

thanks for the responses. I am led to believe that my boat is pr 1973, because it has no HID. I would be able to confirm this but the serial number is not legible. However the capacity is 350lbs (says the capacity plate) and I am a smalller guy 160# and have only a trolling motor, so I am not to worried about weight. I think i will do what fool4fish said to do though.

Latest posts