Need to build a rod holder for garage

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Taylor

Reaction score
It needs to be free standing, for vertical rod storage and CHEAP. I have some PVC pipe I'd like to use up for this rack. Any ideas or pics? Thanks.

Just a suggestion...perhaps indoors might be a better location. :D

I'm in AZ, so the summer heat cooks your line and rod something fierce. No to mention that the dust/debris doesn't help your bearings. I put my in the coat closet to keep them in conditioned air.

You probably have to deal with more cold that I do 8), but I'd bet it takes a toll on your gear as well.

Just thoughts.

Did you say cheap?
My dad stores his over head in his storage shed.
Just a make couple runs of clothes line wall to wall.
Then lay your prize winning rods across the top.
Plus it keeps them neatly out of the way.

Did someone say cheap?

I have two rod holders made out of bamboo sticks and hanging by old salvaged pieces of rope from the ceiling of my garage. They are just above the truck bed so all I have to do is climb on the truck bed to remove or replace the rods. Space in my garage is at a premium!

I made a really nice one out of some extra oak I had laying around from a previous wood project. The only thing I had to buy was those replacement rubber clips that BPS sells for their cheap pressed wood racks.

I built an overhead storage for my rods on the garage ceiling. I just cut 2 four-foot strips out of some PVC lattice I had laying around. Mounted them to some 1"x1" firring strips with 1" drywall screws, and screwed them into the ceiling joists with 3" drywall screws. I cut a slot on every other square hole on the bottom flat and reverse the rods (handle, tip, handle, tip...) to get 8 rods in a roughly 3 foot wide space. Workd great, doesn't scratch the rods, doesn't take up any floor space, and it was free.

Latest posts