Boat Seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojo^

Reaction score
I could use a few suggestions on boat seats. I've been looking at the Tempress High-Back Navistyle seats at Cabela's but would like to hear from experience. I'm a big guy (6'3" 350 lbs.) and will be sitting on the rear bench. No seat for me but the wife up-front needs something comfortable to sit in while she drowns crickets and minnows.

Mojo^ said:
I could use a few suggestions on boat seats. I've been looking at the Tempress High-Back Navistyle seats at Cabela's but would like to hear from experience. I'm a big guy (6'3" 350 lbs.) and will be sitting on the rear bench. No seat for me but the wife up-front needs something comfortable to sit in while she drowns crickets and minnows.

I've sat on 2 different Tempress High-Back seats in the past, not sure if they were the exact same model that your referring to or not though. All day fishing and they were plenty comfortable!! The big thing for me is having a high back and decent padding.

A little off topic, and sorry for hijacking, but what size boat do you have? I'm in the market for a used flatbottom, and want to go as big as I can afford. I'm 6'8" 250lbs., so trying to find something stable and that can handle another 200+ lber easily.

While I don't have any firsthand experience, the fellas on a local duck hunting forum prefer the Tempress high back all-weather seats. Some have the high back navi style, but a poll on there came out with the all-weather ones on top. When I get a nicer seat than what I have now, I'll go with them.

Big guy here....

This is what I got, and I'm very happy with them....

849850245_260.jpg

Wise Big Man Seat

WD619PLS
Big Man
Height: 22.75" Width: 22.25" Depth: 20"
Seat Depth: 15.5"
Available:
729 Mossy Oak Shadow Grass
732 Advantage Max 4
738 Mossy Oak Duck Blind
762 RealTree All Purpose Green
763 Mossy Oak Break Up

22 1/4" base is a lot of seat base.

Ya gotta shop around on these. Walmart has them starting at $44. They are available in vynil. They are available with a higher back. The high back is overkill IMO. They're plenty comfortable with the standard back. The bases are plastic and will accept a 7" and 6 7/8" base arbor...I don't know about 6 1/4". The do have the screw bosses and inlets for arm rests. If yer looking for the camo, spend the extra $10 and get them from Cabelas or BassPS. Walmart spec'ed material seems to have irregularities in the coloring.

BigTerp said:
A little off topic, and sorry for hijacking, but what size boat do you have? I'm in the market for a used flatbottom, and want to go as big as I can afford. I'm 6'8" 250lbs., so trying to find something stable and that can handle another 200+ lber easily.

Mine is a 1542 Grumman Scrambler. Quite deep and wide (65") at the gunwales on the back. I'll let you know how stable it is when I get it on the water for the first time. I've been refurbishing it since last April and am nearly finished. I just need to do some wiring, install hatches, put in a seat and a battery, hang the motor and slap some numbers on the side and it'll be ready for it's maiden voyage. Oh yeah, and finish wiring the trailer. I thought I would wrap it up last weekend but when temps hit 108 with a heat index of 121 I had to throw-in the towel in exchange for the A/C.

I got the tempress high back navi style seats, im 270, they can sit all day long, I wouldn't want anything else. the key factor to there comfort is the arched back.

Latest posts