Pond Prowler 8'

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dice1

Reaction score
Well I was looking at a scanoe but found a deal on clist that has 2 Pond Prowlers. One is a 6'6 foot and the one I am going to inquire about is the 8' footer. good bad? Reviews seem to be good. The guy want $550 for the 2 but only need the one.

Are you specifically looking for something like that?

JMO, but for that amount of money, I found a 14 foot Gregor, trailer and two motors which both ran. One motor had issues but the other one ran perfectly.

Im lookin to get rid of my 10 footer cause I dont ever use it and want something more comfy for lakes and rivers. I can find info on the 8', 9', and 10' models but there is no record of a small 6foot 6 inch model. Unless its something els not sure. was there ever a 6 foot model made?

Someone made a 6 footer, but I forget what company. The 8' boats are all pretty similiar. I have the 8' Pelican Bass Raider and I like it very much. It fits in the back of my mini van and the tailgate still closes. They call it a 2 person boat, but I would never have a second person in it. There's just no room. How do you plan to haul it?

I got a truck so hauling is no problem. The guy got back to me and the one is a 6 footer. I have a friend that would split it with me but I would be keeping the 6 and he would get the 8. just not sure how it would be on the water. but for myself it might be good. Is splitting the price and getting the boat and new trolling Motor for $225 a good deal?

The 8' boat is very stable, but I have my doubts about the 6 footer. I wouldn't buy it until I tried it out. $225 would be a good deal if you try it and like it.

I found this but it is discontinued. It would work for a small trip on my river as long as there is not allot of idiots buzzin by.

https://directboats.com/solobasshunter.html

That 6 footer is narrower too. My 8' Bass Raider is 48" wide, as are all the 8' and 10' boats. The pics aren't going to do me any good. I would not buy a 6 footer. But if you try it and like it, that's all that matters.

I have done a lot of fishing off of a kayak, both lakes and ocean. ANY SIZE WAKES from passing vessels have to be closely monitored, especially if the wake approaches from the sides. Even small waves could cause a disaster. Those boats look like they have a short foot print in the water and combine that with a high center of gravity would cause me to be very cautious if there is any boating activity nearby where you plan to fish.

Good luck.

While at time there can be allot of boat traffic from what I have seen u could swamp one of these and still float. I dont mind takin a swim. My concern is more for my gear and motor. hate to loose my gear I have come to feel comfy with.

Latest posts