Bench Modification

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have done a search for modified benches and can't find what I am looking for.

I have cut out a rectangle and cleared the foam out of the bench and am trying to come up with a lid for it but so far am drawing a blank.

Any ideas?

I think you are looking for hatch covers like these https://www.boatdepot.com/productlist.aspx?id=2573&gclid=CIeFseHBg7ECFVJntgod9VawJg

Shop around. That was the first place that came up when I searched for "boat hatch covers"

Depending on the size needed, you can make one out of a Wal-Mart cutting board.

Just cut to size; then screw wood 1x2's on the under-side in line with the opening of the bench cutout;......and hinge it. However, if it is too big, then the plexi-glass would crack. Rich

p.s. Always buy the lid first ....and make the cutout second. Don't ask me how I know this, please. RG

I second the notion to cut second after finding the hatch or solution. I was more focused on opening up some storage on my boat

from the looks of my garage it was there to keep my garage clean now that it is out the garage looks like a snow storm.

(side note I have a floor in the boat with 4" foam I installed under it so I am not worried about removing this foam.)

Here is a picture of the boat its getting setup for bowfishing. It is a 14ft bluefin took it out the other night in its current configuration and it worked great with 3 people.

7511500302_ca4aa5f5a2.jpg

Same here.

I am going to put a hinged cover on this out of wood the for the time being but I am looking for a diamond plate truck box to replace this with.

the trash can is for fish after shooting them we put them in the can and then its easy to take to a weigh in or count at the tournaments.

Latest posts