Flotation in my boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawmill

Reaction score
Awhile back I bought a 16 foot S 16 Lund boat. It had set outside all its life and painted with a brush several times. I will try to post pictures later. My wife has the camera and is gone for a week or so.
I was kind of amazed at what I found while removing the foam inside. It was either sprayed in or poured in and seemed to be in good shape. I stripped the paint on the inside and outside and then took the pressure washer to it. When I removed the foam the factory had put white bead board next to the hull and poured the foam over it. With the water I used the bead board acted like a sponge and then it went into the flotation foam. You could ring the water out of it just from setting over night. I took a chuck of it and set it in a bucket of water for a few hours and it soaked the water right up. So tomorrow it is all coming out and going in the trash. I would sure hate to have to trust it in case of something going wrong.
This boat has the back third discolored from setting in the water, what can I use to take this off? I used crome cleaner and it takes it off but leaves a wax like finsh and some of it is in an area that has to be painted over.

"This boat has the back third discolored from setting in the water, what can I use to take this off? "

Can't you just sand it down some and get it ready for painting, let the paint cover up the stains.
BTW, a lot of people swear by the blue styrofoam you get at home centers, closed cell, cheap flotation.
Good luck.
Tim

Latest posts