Link to nice build of a Lund SSV

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SV

Reaction score
I am new here but thought I would post a link to a nice build I found searching for "boat conversions" rather than "jon boat conversion". It's a Walleye boat but it has some nice ideas.

https://www.correllconcepts.com/boat_conversion.htm

I will post again and show pictures of my 1456 Lowe Sea Nymph that will be decked this year.

SV said:
I am new here but thought I would post a link to a nice build I found searching for "boat conversions" rather than "jon boat conversion". It's a Walleye boat but it has some nice ideas.

https://www.correllconcepts.com/boat_conversion.htm

I will post again and show pictures of my 1456 Lowe Sea Nymph that will be decked this year.

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining and thanks for that link. That guy did a great job on his boat! Looking forward to seeing yours!
:D

That is a thinking man right there. Makes me want to dismantle and rebuild mine. Ok that thought is over, to many fish to catch

Wow! That conversion that guy did to that boat has to be one of the most thought-out designs I've seen. Talk about maximum use of space 8) . Maybe the boat companies should take some tips from him.

It's not my Lund, I found the website searching for ideas for my Lowe.

I won't start my Sea Nymph until winter, I fish until November when hunting season begins and don't want to take the boat off the water. I am on a private lake so I try to fish every day, weather and kids activities/homework permitting. Even my projects around the house are scheduled around fishing.

I am planning to add a temporary front deck from the bow to 6" behind the first seat and move my trolling motor, depth finder and battery to the front. As you know, it's tippy stepping into the bow on the Sea Nymph. It will be a piece of 3/4" ply coated with fiberglass resin with minimal bracing for now. This is something I can do in a weekend and won't take up fishing time.

The purpose of the temporary deck is to see if the stability is suitable for my fat butt to stand on the front seat and fish. It will also provide a place for an onboard charger and put an end to lugging the battery and trolling motor to the back of the boat every day. I would rather spend the 15-20 minutes setting up the equipment fishing.

I like it! We need to get him to join the forum here! I never thought of that type of floor covering for the boat. *makes mental note for next time*.

SV said:
It's not my Lund, I found the website searching for ideas for my Lowe.

I won't start my Sea Nymph until winter, I fish until November when hunting season begins and don't want to take the boat off the water. I am on a private lake so I try to fish every day, weather and kids activities/homework permitting. Even my projects around the house are scheduled around fishing.

I am planning to add a temporary front deck from the bow to 6" behind the first seat and move my trolling motor, depth finder and battery to the front. As you know, it's tippy stepping into the bow on the Sea Nymph. It will be a piece of 3/4" ply coated with fiberglass resin with minimal bracing for now. This is something I can do in a weekend and won't take up fishing time.

The purpose of the temporary deck is to see if the stability is suitable for my fat butt to stand on the front seat and fish. It will also provide a place for an onboard charger and put an end to lugging the battery and trolling motor to the back of the boat every day. I would rather spend the 15-20 minutes setting up the equipment fishing.

Well thanks for the link then. I guess I'll have to wait till then to see yours. I'll be doing mine this winter also.

Latest posts