New Member and Boat Pic

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patdouglas22

Reaction score
I've been lurking around this forum for quite some time and I decided it's time to stop being a creeper and get involved :mrgreen:

You folks are a wealth of information by the way and I applaud you for being so detailed and thorough =D> . I didn't know that there were this many other people out there that were like me. I live in a townhome in Central KY and have a one car garage but just don't have the space or the finances really to get a larger boat so I want to make the most of what I have. I'm glad to see that there are others that want to make the most of what they have as well! I've been a bass fisherman since I was a kid and this time of year I love to get out with my black light and worm fish at night time. I think that's tough to beat IMO. I got out for a few hours last night by the way.

Here's a picture of my boat which is just a little 1032. I'm pretty sure it's a 32... that's what it feels like when it comes to stability anyway.

Boat.jpg

My buddy and I bought this years ago for $40 when we were in college. At the time it had some good sized leaks in it but we got it patched up to the point to where it just has a small leak. I don't know that it will ever be totally dry. We used to fish tournaments at a small idle speed only lake in this tiny jon and finish in the money over anglers with bass boats. You should have seen the looks on their faces!

I've tried to search the forum over to keep from asking questions from the department of redundancy department and I have found quite a few answers and new ideas but I still have a couple of questions so here it goes.

1)Has anyone had any ideas for a platform to mount the black light? I've been putting it on top of my rubbermaid container which is ok if it's just me but you know us folks who like to modify things want them as convenient as possible.

2)This may be stupid, but I'd like to mount my second seat on a pedastal between the middle and front seats, when you guys do this, is it always on a deck? I know it'd have to be a super low deck for me and the only reason that I'd have a deck would be to have this seat. I'd like to mount the trolling motor on the front if possible, I think that'd make things so much easier.

3)If so, how do you mount the deck? I guess I could drill through the aluminum and seal around the bolt but I am not sure if that's how you guys do it or not. Doesn't seem like you guys would have bolts sticking out the side of your hulls. Liquid nail maybe?

I'll leave it at that for now. And thanks again for contributing to this forum, you guys are awesome. I am limited by a small boat and finances somewhat but I understand why you get the modding fever. I have it too. I hope to upgrade to a little larger boat at some point but it's just not in the cards today. When I do, I'll transfer all of my accessories over to it. I realize it would be very time consuming to address all of my questions so any help with any of these questions would be much appreciated. Thanks fellas!

Welcome to the tinboat family.......

Ok my neighbor has virtually the identical 10' jon boat and after having me put a custom floor in his 14' mirrorcraft has asked me if I could put a flat floor in his little jon in between the front and back sitting area. So I had a few ideas of what I am going to do to his once I get the time this fall. Instead of drilling out the rivets and removing the seat completely or putting the deck on top of the seat which would be unstable I have come up with the idea of keeping the structure of the seat intact off the sides and bottom of the boat about 2"-3" inches. I am going to use a sawsall or cutoff wheel to cut the seat out all the way around but leaving 2"-3" sticking up and off the sides. This keeps some of the structural integrity intact, keeps me from having to fill holes in the side and bottom, and gives me something I can bolt to inside the boat. The floor will then be put in just overtop off this. And I will frame in the sides of the removed seat and may add a rod rack or something also? That I will address when I get to that point. He only wants a flat floor but a pedestal seat would be a piece of cake to put in the center. So basically the seat would bolt through the floor which is only 3 inches off the original bottom of the boat.

I hope this all made sense..... :lol:

Hey that's a pretty good idea. I've seen this method of seat removal before but I didn't realize why they did it. I thought about removing the seat or cutting it out for storage but I decided the risk wasn't worth the reward. I think it is for a low deck. May raid my dad or father in law's tool shed as I don't have a sawsall.

It may be a week or two before I get into it but I may get started on a bit of a blueprint here pretty soon.

Good idea thanks :beer:

Ok so I just got back from Vermilion, OH. Not fishing unfortunately.... but had a good visit nonetheless.

On my way in I took a look at the boat and I realized that it does have some sort of L Brackets that run across the boat between the middle and front seats. what about attaching a very low deck, just for seat and pedastal mounting purposes to these brackets and maybe using liquid nail in the back? I would have taken a pic if it wasn't so late but I'm off tomorrow and may do it then. I had considered removing the middle seat as Johny had mentioned but if I can get by without doing that I would prefer it. Also have considered creating storage out of the middle seat in which case I could attach the back of the flooring to this bench. This also seems like a risky proposition since I have no boat mod experience of this proportion and don't know anybody who has.

Latest posts