New member from Virginia

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon

Reaction score
New member here. Just picked up a 1987 12' Coleman V Hull, trailer and 1961 10hp Evinrude Sportwin for 300$. I was browsing the internet and found tinboats.com so I decided to join :) I live in the tidewater area of Virginia and love to hunt and fish. The projects and modifications that everybody shares has got my mind spinning with ideas!

I only have one picture of the boat but will post more. I am welcome to suggestions on where I should start on restoring the boat. :D

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

-Brandon

0712021903.jpg

Im in the same general area of va too. Welcome to Tinboats. Its one of the few forums that everyone is friendly and not just a bunch of buttholes. Everyone gets along well (except CaptAhab and BassAddict ;) ) it is a great forum, very knowledgeable and helpful fellas!

vahunter said:
Im in the same general area of va too. Welcome to Tinboats. Its one of the few forums that everyone is friendly and not just a bunch of buttholes. Everyone gets along well (except CaptAhab and BassAddict ;) ) it is a great forum, very knowledgeable and helpful fellas!

Thanks man! Where about in Hampton Roads are you? I live in Newport News.

If you are looking for another family friendly forum, try www.vasportsmen.com. Excellent site and great people!

I bought a jon boat and trailer and had enough sense to forget about the boat when I saw is was fairly clean inside and apparently not leaky.

The trailer bearings are what will get you killed! A traffic mishap when the bearings sieze up will make the boat cost pale in comparison! Look on YouTube and Google to see how to replace bearings and 'races' they fit in. It's not much money to add 'bearing buddies' as well as the little plastic covers called 'bras' over the bearing buddies.

With safety of the trailer covered.... you can start to have fun! Be smart and go out with an experienced boater for the first trips (launching/retrieving/strapping/trailer balance, etc.).

Latest posts