Gas Tank Placement?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGibson

Reaction score
Does it matter where I put my gas tank? I would like to move it from the back to the front, just wondering if the longer fuel line will effect the flow? Also, I have a metal tank to go into the boat but I think the hook up on it might be bad, is there somewhere I can get a replacement or a way to fix this one? I like this tank because if I decide to leave it in the back it fits nice, The one that is in the boat hangs out over the bench...I'll post up some pics in a few...

Get a 7 gallon horizontal tank and place it in the stern. The weight will help offset the motor and you along with being well out of the way.

The fuel line being longer wont make any difference at all as long as its sealed up as one piece with the exception of the primer bulb.

I am starting my tank relocation but instead of using just the fuel line exposed I will be putting it though PVC for protection from hooks, knives, etc...

My tank is in the front compartment just behind what was the front seat. I have the primer bulb back by the motor. I ran coated steel 3/8 gas line from just outside the compartment where the tank is located to the rear. I have rubber fuel line going to the tank and the motor for vibration purposes and also to make it easy to connect & disconnect, both motor and tank.

I don't have any issues with the length, just make sure all connection are tight so that you don't have any air leaks

Latest posts