new rig

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipster dufus

Reaction score
i oredered this rig from backwoods landing in ala. should be in in 3 weeks or so. went with this layout in a 1648 mv, .100 ga, 20 in transom, 64 in front deck w/ 55# tm, 3 seat bases and a livewell on the left rear and storage on the right. i will be powering it with a 30 hp 4 stroke tohatsu efi pt/t tiller steer. lights also. think of anything else i need? i am boatless right now, driving me crazy. i have already picked up carpet and other accessories to add. this will be my retirement boat iam within 5 yrs of that.chime in with any ideas please

Attachments

• 1648v24430small.jpg
    1648v24430small.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 830
i have the rod racks now. am going to mount a pair on each side. rod ho;ders i am holding off on. i have some older ones that might work. i also have a bilge, paddle, fire ext, cushions, tach/hour meter. i have one good seat and am looking at another but wiil wait to see how much room the tm opertion takes up. i might want a narrower seat for the front. fishfinder is down the road a ways but i do have a handheld gps to hrelp dial in my prop. any other ideas welcome

I'd toss a rail on the side to mount the rod holders to and give you a place to grab upon ever falling or slipping if that happens by accident.

How about some LED lights for night use?

If its you're retirement go comfortable and get a captains chair for up front from overtons, they're not cheap but man they are comfortable, umbrella pods are also nice if you live somewhere really hot, they mount to the seat and swivel with you so its always out of the way

i like the shade idea. i am in ga and it does get hot. am thinking of a bimini or homemade t top. oh yeah i did get a trailer. anyone run a 30 hp on a 1648? what kind of speed are u gatting? i will have a power outlet for a spotlight. keep the ideas coming

I love that layout. If I was going to get a new boat, I'd go for the same. 30 should pus you fine, but guys around here run 40s and 50s on 16 footers routinely. How heavy is the aluminum in that size Weldbilt?

hipster dufus said:
i like the shade idea. i am in ga and it does get hot. am thinking of a bimini or homemade t top. oh yeah i did get a trailer. anyone run a 30 hp on a 1648? what kind of speed are u gatting? i will have a power outlet for a spotlight. keep the ideas coming

If you get a Bimini make sure to get the Bimini sock to cover it and the holder bars that hold it up in the air out of the way.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342919963.796066.jpg

What kinda fish you target Hip?

What lake you fishin'? Eufala, West Point?

If you like Crappie fishing I'd suggest a wireless trolling motor like the Motorguide W or Minn Kota Pilots.

I have the Motorguide W 55 and wear the Crappie out trolling on the Coosa River.

jigngrub said:
What kinda fish you target Hip?

What lake you fishin'? Eufala, West Point?

If you like Crappie fishing I'd suggest a wireless trolling motor like the Motorguide W or Minn Kota Pilots.

I have the Motorguide W 55 and wear the Crappie out trolling on the Coosa River.

Wireless is sweet man! I've got the motor guide wireless on my SeaPro and it's got the lanyard and the foot pad so when I'm fishing off the rear i just push a button on my lanyard and when I'm up front i just tap my toes on the foot pad!

i fish for lm mostly, but as i said i am getting near retiring and might have to target stripers and crappie. i put in at oconee most times , but do get to westpoint, lanier, sinclair occaisonally. will do a little more travelling when i do retire. maybe tenn, fla, ala. a bimini does sound good. i usually sit in back, i wont let my fishin buddy touch my outboard. so he runs the tm up front. thanks for the ideas guys and keep em coming.

Welcome to the world of leisure or at least I thought it would be. I am just as busy as ever since I retired about five years ago.

I'm on my third and fourth boats now! I recently bought a larger tow vehicle so yes, now I'm looking for a larger boat!

Everyday is a holiday! You'll enjoy it.

hipster dufus said:
i fish for lm mostly, but as i said i am getting near retiring and might have to target stripers and crappie. i put in at oconee most times , but do get to westpoint, lanier, sinclair occaisonally. will do a little more travelling when i do retire. maybe tenn, fla, ala. a bimini does sound good. i usually sit in back, i wont let my fishin buddy touch my outboard. so he runs the tm up front. thanks for the ideas guys and keep em coming.

You come down to Florida I'll load up the SeaPro and we can head out to the saltwater for some big game!

You'll love their boats. Mines just a 1548MV with a Johnson 25 2stroke. It tops out about 28mph under good conditions with me and gear. Adding another average sized person doesnt slow it down much. But I will be building/buying a jack plate so I should gain a little from that.

Latest posts