Alot of weight to remove from my tin.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsmith

Reaction score
The first time I typed this I had a well thought out exp of this pic. Then AT&T internet lost it for me.

Pulled a section of my floor today out of my 1442 Duracraft today. This is what I found. No wonder the boat would not plane out!

Small section missing probly was about 6-7 lbs. I need to at least get the water flowing to the back. Channels are full of foam.

Any ideas to try to dry it out? while I am working on it?

Attachments

• IMG_0382.JPG
    IMG_0382.JPG
    698.8 KB · Views: 469
My first thought is if you have a wet/dry shop vac, get as much of that filth vacuumed out as you can. If the boat is that bad in that area, you may want to consider stripping it down, cleaning out all the crud by pressure washing, then get rid of the nasty foam and replace it with sheets of closed cell foam.

I would probably strip the boat down. If you're hot into fishing right now, vacuum it out and use a rod of some kind to push the crude out of the channels under the seat.

Captain Ahab said:
Fire? :LOL2:

I thought the same thing, "Nothing a match and gallon of gas won't take care of". :LOL2:

Seriously though, that stuff will never dry out. Remove it all and replace it with new.

I also see some corrosion on your hull that needs to be addressed, use a wire cup brush in an angle grinder or drill to remove it and then spray a coat of etching aluminum primer paint on it.

Take your time and do it right and your boat will be better than new when you're done.

btw, this is probably caused by keeping the boat stored outside uncovered with the plug in... or you have a very bad leak, or both.

Latest posts