New user with new project Russellville AR

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steadyt

Reaction score
Hello all. I am a longtime lurker of this site finally got myself a 1436 project. Pics to come. Thanks for all the knowledge and insight.

I just spent a week at the State Park in Russellville. What a gorgeous place. I just don't want to go back without my boat.

Welcome to Tinboats buddy! I'm looking forward to following your build! If you have any questions there is sure to be an answer found here!

Here she is. Thanks for the welcome guys.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1342999189.542147.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1342999189.542147.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 1,249
A little bit of progress made. Its been a while since I have checked in. Stripping and sanding this thing was insane. I think the previous owner had it dipped in tar. I decided to extend the front bench to a small deck with storage. I am a pretty big guy so I figure bench level is probably high enough. The front deck is not actually that big. I have not made the other cut yet. Between the 2 compartments I am going to do some re enforcing and put a seat mount. Leaving storage access. I took the lead from someone else's build here and scored a ladder at a resale shop for $10 (Score!) and still have a lot of the ladder left. Thanks for all the info.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1348362161.268178.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1348362161.268178.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,141
photo.jpg

The Framing for my front Mini Deck

Update: I got the outside painted. Now I am working on the inside.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1352515089.371454.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1352515089.371454.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,008
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1352515113.486349.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1352515113.486349.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,008
Well I missed your original post so welcome from another AR member. I'm on the opposite side of the state from you but if you're ever over this way give us a shout.

Although it's hard to be sure, that wood in your pic looks suspiciously like treated plywood. You are aware that you shouldn't use treated lumber with aluminum aren't you?

JMichael said:
Well I missed your original post so welcome from another AR member. I'm on the opposite side of the state from you but if you're ever over this way give us a shout.

Although it's hard to be sure, that wood in your pic looks suspiciously like treated plywood. You are aware that you shouldn't use treated lumber with aluminum aren't you?

Where about in NE AR are you? I was in Fayetteville for a couple of years before coming here.

I am pretty sure the ply was not treated. But then again, I have seen stranger things happen at my own hand. I will investigate further because I have 2 more surfaces already cut, sanded, sealed and carpeted and ready for action so now would be a good time to figure it out. Thanks for the input.

Hey All. I'm in Holland.Just north of Conway. Looking forward to fishing Cadron creek and AR River soon as my rig is ready. 2006 Weldbilt 12" w/ 15 Johnson. I had fishing boats up to 34 foot and have made it full circle Walleye boats, Salmon Boats, and now back to a sneak boat. Anyone got any creative anchoring ideas. I've got an anchormate but don't like ropes exposed in the interior where thing can get snagged. Anyone here fish sauger?

Welcome from another Arky. Right now in Conway. Might be in Batesville tomorrow. Or Russelville. Or LR. I travel. Quite a bit, so never in one place very long.

Cadron fishing? Few times I've fished there I got nothing but bent prop shafts and dings in the prop. But I put in at Highway 25 just north of Beaverfork. Lots of hidden treasures just under the surface.

Got a nice little project there. Wish I had the time/patience for such and undertaking. Last year I picked up a 1542 Grumman from a guy in Oklahoma with a Yamaha F25. I bought it for the motor, but hung onto the boat since I kinda liked it. I did camo paint it before I sold it to a guy for what I paid for it..and kept the motor to put on my '12 War Eagle. Always wanted a new WE boat (well for the last 20 years anyway) and finally went into debt and bought it. Glad I did-could not be much happier. Also sold my bass boat too. Didn't need it after I bought the War Eagle....although....there is no feeling like getting up on the pad and aired out with that good glass hull. Loved that feeling, just didnt like having to work on it all the time, which usually required really long arms and a chiropractor.

Latest posts