How much paint for 16ft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNHunter505

Reaction score
I've done some searching and can only find how much people have used in spray cans.

Time for a new poll:
-how much paint did you use for a 16 ft flat bottom job boat inside and out, 3 coats? (I am spraying)
And what brand, bottom paint too if you used different. Might a well make this as comprehensive as possible so people can use this down the road for reference. I think alot of people would appreciate, including myself, this info. Thanks!

I used an entire gallon of the Aluminum Boat Green from Duralux to paint my 1652. I thinned it out more than advised so it would flow better from my old siphon feed spraygun. Three heavy coats for the bottom, flipped it over and shot 3 thin coats of pencil stream covering all the nooks, crannies, ribs, and channels. Then I switched up to full fan and shot 3-4 heavy coats to cover the interior.

Stove Iron said:
I used an entire gallon of the Aluminum Boat Green from Duralux to paint my 1652. I thinned it out more than advised so it would flow better from my old siphon feed spraygun. Three heavy coats for the bottom, flipped it over and shot 3 thin coats of pencil stream covering all the nooks, crannies, ribs, and channels. Then I switched up to full fan and shot 3-4 heavy coats to cover the interior.

Okay, that is what I was thinking. a gallon for several coats inside and out. Thanks.!
Anybody have a different experience with a sprayer?

Latest posts