Motor guide tm

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-MAN

Reaction score
I have an older motor guide 43# thrust bow mount trolling motor on my boat. The other night while fishing the number 2 speed quit working then today the number 1 speed quit so now I only have a 3,4,5 speeds. Is there a part or switch that I may be able to replace to get those speeds to work

might be the brushes, read on here I think where a guy did a re-build on his TM because it was acting similar. He pulled the lower motor apart, cleaned it all, put some new parts in (I think) and it ran good afterwards.

You may have a switch going/gone bad. I had a 43# MG, and it would work half the time when I pressed the gray pad on mine, but would work fine when on constant. There is a pressure switch under the foot pad (the small rectangular shaped pad) you press to activate the motor when not on constant speed. This pressure switch is covered by a rubber boot (for lack of a better description), and mine had dry rotted. Got a new one for a couple bucks, and it was good as new. Mine was/is an 04 TM pro-guide off a Tracker PT 175. I have since upgraded so its in the shed collecting dust.

Post up a picture of the foot control and I'll see if its similar to mine.

i polished my armature with some 1200 grit(if i remember right) and then emory cloth. motor did not have any issues but i also read a good thread in the electric forum about it. i'll tell ya what it made my MK run smoother and improved my thrust, i also put a new brush(es) kit in it too....be careful putting it back together, the magnet on mine anyhow will take a chunk off the tip of your finger if your not careful...

Latest posts