What would this boat be worth?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pan Fisherman

Reaction score
Description:

1980 16' Lund Fishing boat with trailer. Console, carpeted, 2 batteries, pedestal swivel seat in front, swivel seat in rear (needs replacing), custom PVC stand offs (shown in boat in pictures) attach to boat for cover (included), ladder included, newer fish finder, 2 anchors. 35HP Johnson engine runs great but does pop out of gear occasionally.

Thanks for the help!
John

Attachments

• 5I15G35Q03K53I33Lbc7jd21c52f6e4971eed.jpg
    5I15G35Q03K53I33Lbc7jd21c52f6e4971eed.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 707
  • 5E35K95Hb3F13I93pac7j3872383149a61629 (1).jpg
    5E35K95Hb3F13I93pac7j3872383149a61629 (1).jpg
    47 KB · Views: 692
  • 5L45G15J93K73F43H4c7jbed868ec28bd1fb3 (1).jpg
    5L45G15J93K73F43H4c7jbed868ec28bd1fb3 (1).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 692
Depends on area, but I'd put it right around $1,600 to $2,200 depending on condition of outboard. Nice boat.

Thanks for the responses guys!

What do you think it would cost to get a motor to stop slipping out of gear? Worst case scenario?

Thanks!
John

I bought the same model boat a month ago and it was in real rough shape. The hull was in good condition but needed the paint removed and everything was bad on the inside. I paid 400.00 for just the boat. I would say if you can get it for under 2000 go for it. Kinda hard to say on the motor because you don't know what it needs for parts. I would try it and see how bad it was before I tore into it, It may be something you could live with for now.

2500-3000 AROUND HERE, IF THE MOTOR WAS SOUND AND THE BOAT WAS CLEAN. IT POPPING OUT OF GEAR COULD BE A WORN CLUTCH DOG, WORN CLUTCH DOG CRADLE, YOKE, OR COULD JUST BE A SHIFT ROD/ LEVER ADJUSTMENT. THE DOG,CRADLE AND YOKE CAN BE very EXPENSIVE TO REPLACE NEW. EASILY OVER 400 BUCKS FOR THE THREE. I KNOW A USED PARTS DEALER THAT ID BET HAS THEM IF IN FACT THATS THE PROBLEM...AND THEY ARE LIKE NEW PARTS FOR A FRACTION OF THE COST OF NEW. DOES IT ONLY JUMP OUT OF FWD? OR FWD AND REV. ? IF ONLY ONE THERES A GOOD CHANCE YOU JUST NEED AN ADJUSTMENT...

As you might have gathered from some of the responses - it would really help if you listed your location in your profile - location means a lots with regard to this type of boat.

Here in Pa - around 1,500 because of the HP restriction or electric only lakes

Thanks for all of the responses. I am located in SE Wisconsin.

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine that knows quite a bit about boats and motors and he is thinking it could be as simple as a cable adjustment. He said he has seen this before in older boat motors. That would be the best case scenario. :D

The guy is asking $1500.00 firm for the boat.

Thanks again for the help!
John

I am located in SE Wisconsin.

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine that knows quite a bit about boats and motors and he is thinking it could be as simple as a cable adjustment. He said he has seen this before in older boat motors. That would be the best case scenario. :D

The guy is asking $1500.00 firm for the boat.

That's a VERY good price. With the heat we've had, and the lack of rain, the boat market has gotten sluggish around here. The "gotta get rid of it now" ads are disappearing, and the "I WANT a boat now" ads faded away in June.

Let's call that 'more than fair,' if it suits your needs, especially if you have a guy who knows the engine.

Best wishes.

Well,

As the saying goes, you snooze, you lose.

I lost out on the deal!

Oh well.........I guess it will be just me and my little ol' 12'er. :roll:

Thanks again for the quick responses! This is a great site for information and feedback!

John

Keep an eye out in the spring for these kinds of boats. Over the river here in MN, there is a bumper crop that comes out each spring as people upgrade their boats before walleye opener (around mother's day) and sell their old ones.

Another good time may be in the fall, see if there people who don't want to deal with storage, etc.

I paid around $1700 for a very similar boat with a newer motor and two trolling motors. Deals are out there, but timing is key.

Good luck!

Peter

Lunds fetch BIG money around here...... Being that I was born and raised in MN and I fished out of many of them growing up I am always on the lookout for a fair priced one around here. That being said, I haven't seen one yet that I could justify buying. That boat would have been priced at $2500-3500 around here even if the motor needed work. I wouldn't have hesitated at $1500 if it was around here :shock:

Pan Fisherman said:
Well,

I lost out on the deal!

Thanks again for the quick responses! This is a great site for information and feedback!

John
I heard that . . . I just missed out on this 19 foot 1969 Norseman Day Cruiser aluminum, as shown minus motor, for $1000

Attachments

• Crestliner19692.jpg
    Crestliner19692.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 556
  • Crestliner19693.jpg
    Crestliner19693.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 556
  • Crestliner19694.jpg
    Crestliner19694.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 556
PATRIOT2 said:
Pan Fisherman said:
Well,

I lost out on the deal!

John
I heard that . . . I just missed out on this 19 foot 1969 Norseman Day Cruiser aluminum, as shown minus motor, for $1000
That is a beautiful Boat!!!!

Latest posts