Rod locker?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-MAN

Reaction score
in between the bench seats in my boat i am wanting to add a rod locker but its not long enough. Is there a tube that i can put in the side of the middle bench seat that the tip of my rods can go into? Any help and pics if any please

Don't have a pic, but the golf bag tubes work great for this. Dicks Sporting goods sells them for a couple bucks.

yea i thought about them but i want something with a lip on it to mount to the bench seat. Maybe i could cut a hole in the seat and lay the rods in there

Sure did. It has a lip on them. If you drill a precise sized hole in the bench they will not come out easily. I filed "teeth" on a piece of PVC of the same OD to bore out the foam. Not a rod locker but does the job for tip protection.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343423982.331611.jpg

thanks and vahunter im going to do that same thing except just put a lid and side on it. I didnt know those things had lips on it, they will work great

I can take pics tomorrow if I remember. They're not flanges, they're just rolled over on the end so they won't go through, if that makes since.

I pulled the tube out enough to see what I'm saying. With a well drilled hole it will fit perfect without movement (provided there is foam in the bench). Here's the tool I made to bore the foam out.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343470111.793189.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1343470127.460684.jpg

vahunter,

That's some creative stuff right there. I'm liking it. I wish my rod locker was solid at the end. I'd use those. I'm not a guy that carries twenty rods, so I only need space for six. But you can't put tubes in a big hole like I have.

Latest posts