Introducing Livin' Large II

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaitCaster

Reaction score
She's a 27 foot racer/cruiser. Not tin, but she'll do! I am keeping the Tracker, as 6 foot keels aren't very good for bass fishing! However, the sailboat is equipped for salmon trolling in the deep water!

Small%20Carramy%20in%20Around%20Island.jpg

Very sweet, but won't that take away from your fishing time? :roll:

Name: How about....

Full of Wind
Breathless
Blown Away

Sailing is fun! I'm still toying with the idea of another small sail boat, maybe something like a Potter, only problem is storage. I'm also looking for a camping trailer too! Then there's that urge to "row" a four speed muscle car again. :roll:

Anyway, have fun and don't forget to wear your life vest. Falling off a sailboat is not fun, believe me!

BaitCaster said:
P.S. - actually we'll not be naming her "Livin' Large II". Any naming suggestions?

Blow Me

:mrgreen:

I used to have an old 26' O'day that I rejuvenated back to life. I named her "Second Wind" which I thought was an awesome name.

I got that idea from searching Google for sailboat names. There's literally thousands of ideas. Also, If you have a daughter, it's always nice to name a boat after her. If you have more then one, you can do a combination of first and middle names.

About renaming boats being bad karma, I always believed this but in the Coast Guard, I've been aboard boats that have been renamed 5-6 times and they're all still afloat. :shock: Anyways, nice vessel! I hope you're experienced in sailing! If not, take a course or hire a instructor to come aboard your boat! Windy seas are not beginner friendly.

Mike

Thanks fellas. Yep, I know how to sail. Learned when I was a kid.

I know about the renaming jinx, but current name just won't do. It's named after a horse the previous owner owned.

I love "Blow Me", but I have small kids...... And a wife!

She will technically sleep 5 but I wouldn't try it!

No, she won't cut into my fishing time. Infant, she allows me to get out to the deeper water for salmon fishing.

I was watching a You Tube channel recently where a guy redid all the stringers on a Sea Ray he had just bought. At the end of the work, he and his family had a renaming ceremony at the lake. I think it involved three bottles of champagne to please the gods of the wind.

Latest posts