Finally Scored a Boat.........

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pan Fisherman

Reaction score
I had a little 12'er and it was a little small for the type of fishing and the amount of people I needed to seat. After a couple of failed attempts on Craigslist I scored this: 1991 Tracker 17' Pro Deep V. It is filthy and one part of the floor is soft (winter Project) it has the 70hp Johnson Tracker Motor. I am STOKED!!! Any pointers for reentering a boat into service after it has been sitting idle for several years?

Thanks for looking!
John

Attachments

• 1991 Tracker Deep V 17' 009.JPG
    1991 Tracker Deep V 17' 009.JPG
    593.6 KB · Views: 467
  • 1991 Tracker Deep V 17' 006.JPG
    1991 Tracker Deep V 17' 006.JPG
    655.4 KB · Views: 467
  • 1991 Tracker Deep V 17' 021.JPG
    1991 Tracker Deep V 17' 021.JPG
    663.5 KB · Views: 467
  • 1991 Tracker Deep V 17' 004.JPG
    1991 Tracker Deep V 17' 004.JPG
    703.6 KB · Views: 467
  • 1991 Tracker Deep V 17' 014.JPG
    1991 Tracker Deep V 17' 014.JPG
    638.1 KB · Views: 467
Got you a nice fishing setup there, congratulations =D> As for the boat it looks like it will need some cleaning and elbow grease. As for the motor if it has been sitting several years then I would get a rebuild kit for all three carbs and a new impeller in the lower unit for starters. Have you got any compression readings from the motor yet?

Not sure if you have the VRO on that motor but if it does I would disconnect it and mix my own fuel all the time, but thats just me. I would run some richer fuel the first tank....say 40:1 to get everything nice and lubed up. Also I would get some seafoam and run it through the first tank also.

I am sure others will chime in also but that will be a good start on the motor :)

Johny25 said:
Got you a nice fishing setup there, congratulations =D> As for the boat it looks like it will need some cleaning and elbow grease. As for the motor if it has been sitting several years then I would get a rebuild kit for all three carbs and a new impeller in the lower unit for starters. Have you got any compression readings from the motor yet?

Not sure if you have the VRO on that motor but if it does I would disconnect it and mix my own fuel all the time, but thats just me. I would run some richer fuel the first tank....say 40:1 to get everything nice and lubed up. Also I would get some seafoam and run it through the first tank also.

I am sure others will chime in also but that will be a good start on the motor :)
Thanks for that info Johny!

My son has been busy cleaning it up and it already looks a lot better.

Attachments

• Tracker 17' Pro Deep V 007.JPG
    Tracker 17' Pro Deep V 007.JPG
    691.3 KB · Views: 445
  • Tracker 17' Pro Deep V 017.JPG
    Tracker 17' Pro Deep V 017.JPG
    705.2 KB · Views: 445
  • Tracker 17' Pro Deep V 003.JPG
    Tracker 17' Pro Deep V 003.JPG
    705.5 KB · Views: 445
Nice boat. Would you do me a favor and post some close up pictures on how your console connects to the starboard side of the boat? Speaking of pictures, before you start a rebuild/rework, I suggest you take as many detailed pictures as you can of every single aspect of how things are connected. If you need to take things apart, it will save you a lot of time and effort when you go to put things back together.

Congratulations, btw. Nice boat. Check out my build for things you might find under that soft spot, though mine was in much worse condition than that one when I got mine.

From a 12 ft to THAT? You moved up a whole bunch in fishing rig !

Might change your nickname from Panfisher to Salmon chaser. :)

Doesn't look all that filthy compared to some of the wrecks I've encountered.

You did very well.

Best wishes on the engine.

:)

Very nice find, I am hoping to have a 20' boat like yours someday....if you don't mind I am curious to know what you paid for it?

bigwave said:
Very nice find, I am hoping to have a 20' boat like yours someday....if you don't mind I am curious to know what you paid for it?
The guy was asking $3800.00 :roll: I offered him $2000.00 and he took it because his wife wanted it out of the driveway. :D

DaveInGA said:
Nice boat. Would you do me a favor and post some close up pictures on how your console connects to the starboard side of the boat? Speaking of pictures, before you start a rebuild/rework, I suggest you take as many detailed pictures as you can of every single aspect of how things are connected. If you need to take things apart, it will save you a lot of time and effort when you go to put things back together.

Congratulations, btw. Nice boat. Check out my build for things you might find under that soft spot, though mine was in much worse condition than that one when I got mine.
Dave,

I snapped a couple of pics. It looks like there are two mounting points for the console. The floor and the side wall. Here are a couple of pics, please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Guys!
John

Attachments

• Cockpit Details 005.JPG
    Cockpit Details 005.JPG
    690 KB · Views: 416
  • Cockpit Details 015.JPG
    Cockpit Details 015.JPG
    661.7 KB · Views: 416
  • Cockpit Details 004.JPG
    Cockpit Details 004.JPG
    651.3 KB · Views: 416