my new old,new old jon

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nptrash

Reaction score
since ive been lurking on this site for the last couple of weeks i decided to post some pics of my latest undertaking. this 14 foot sears jon was bought used by my father sometime around 1983 or 84. he of course painted it bright green on top of countless other colors.he went through the 1969 evinrude 9.5 and got it all tuned up and running good and made a boat trailer out of an old popup camper that started to take root in the backyard. about 1985 was the last time the boat or the motor was run until about 98. then my uncle started using it for a while and thought that it belonged to him seeing as how he took it upon himself to give it fairly ugly spray can camo job.fast forward a few years and it finally came back into my hands after being sold to another uncle for 300 bucks of which i never saw a dime. now it is time to begin its transformation into something a little more user friendly that doesnt leave 8 colors of chalky flaked paint on your butt after a day of fishing!
boattrailer.jpg

how it looked the day i brought it back home
transom2.jpg

the new transom
inside.jpg

why did he camo the inside?one flat color would have been best
bottom.jpg

heres a view of the bottom after ive started sanding a little. ive got a gallon of O.D.GREEN milspec paint waiting for it.
transom1.jpg

another view of the transom