12 ft Gregor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sxv1170

Reaction score
I am not sure if I should buy this Gregor. It is 12 ft it comes with a 15 HP motor fish finder but no trailer. He wants $600 he says the boat is a year 2000 . He lives by the beach and mostly uses it in the ocean. is this a good price Wyatt should I look for?

The price is good only if the merchandise is good. Based on a lot of research on Gregors in the past I would say it is way under market for decent stuff. Doesn't cost anything to look, but proceed with serious caution. Good luck.

I'd pay 600.00 for a 12' Gregor in good shape with a good 15 hp engine. Heck, I'd pay that for the hull alone if it is in reasonable shape.

The particular examples you're looking at may or may not be good. But I just paid close to $600.00 for a new-to-me 9.9 / 15 Evinrude 2 stroke for my similar but rivited Valco U-12. If I ever do replace this boat, it'll be with another Valco U-12 or the similar Gregor and I'd be willing to spend around a grand to get a nice one. But I really like those two boats and have some sentimental attachment to them from fishing out of Valcos and Gregors all over California when I was a kid. So part of my love for them is down to simple nostalgia, but the other part is that they work well and are well designed and well made little craft.

T-C

I don't know where you live but I found a 14 foot Gregor with two motors and a decent trailer for $500 that had been sitting for over twenty years uncovered! I did have to put on two new tires to tow it home. I sold both motors (which ran, one bad one good) for just under $300. I stripped the trailer, ground down the pits off the bottom of the boat and repainted both the trailer and boat.

I love projects!

Latest posts