My eyes are sore

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
:)....Joined the site i think a couple of days ago(kinda of lost track of days)....been reading and looking ever since.Alot of real nice mods and ideas.Found the site on google,i was looking for livewell mods.
My boat is a crestliner C1652V,40hp,modV,camo jon boat.I'll post some pics(if i figure out how)and run some ideas by ya later,gotta give my eyes a break.

Great site

Thanks for joining and posting! Pm me if you need help with anything. The forum is haveing a couple of technical difficulties and I apologize for that. I look forward to seeing some pics of your boat! :beer:

yeah Zum its a bit overwheming at first

just poke around and bookmark some stuff you like and things will fall together

Glad you joined Zum - relax, you do not need (nor are required to) read the entire forum.

However, there will be a test so read ALMOST the entire forum, just skip my stupid posts :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for the warm welcome
Thought i took some pictures of my boat today,guess not;never knew you had to hold done the button on those digatal cameras so long.That never bothered me to much but went fishing for the first time this year with my 11 year old and he caught two of his biggest bass ever(one 19 inches and the other alitlle over 20)thought i had pictures of them to.:(
Found out which thing I'm going to do first.The boat trailer guides.Bought my boat in Sept.of last year only had it in the water like 6 times,never had a problem loading it before;normally two adults or very calm the one time I went by myself.Today blowing hard,wind cross ways to the launch;I could get it on but not perfectly centered and I couldn't lift it up over those humps on the bottom of the boat.
Plus i received my "tiny tach" today and i beleive they sent me the wrong model,seeing that I was idling at 1850rpm and WOT would have been over 9999rpm.I'd send it back but from up here the shipping is 20 bucks..grr.I wanted to see if I had the proper prop for my boat.The outboard is second hand and was on alot heavier boat so I thought I might need a higher prop pitch.The model they sent me was a TT226R-2XL,i have a DT40 Suzuki,any one else using a tiny tach on their outboard and is this what your using for a model?
Anyways thanks for any replies and I'll try to take some more pictures tomorrow.Do I use image shack to post pictures??

Zum said:
Thanks for the warm welcome
Thought i took some pictures of my boat today,guess not;never knew you had to hold done the button on those digatal cameras so long.That never bothered me to much but went fishing for the first time this year with my 11 year old and he caught two of his biggest bass ever(one 19 inches and the other alitlle over 20)thought i had pictures of them to.:(
Found out which thing I'm going to do first.The boat trailer guides.Bought my boat in Sept.of last year only had it in the water like 6 times,never had a problem loading it before;normally two adults or very calm the one time I went by myself.Today blowing hard,wind cross ways to the launch;I could get it on but not perfectly centered and I couldn't lift it up over those humps on the bottom of the boat.
Plus i received my "tiny tach" today and i beleive they sent me the wrong model,seeing that I was idling at 1850rpm and WOT would have been over 9999rpm.I'd send it back but from up here the shipping is 20 bucks..grr.I wanted to see if I had the proper prop for my boat.The outboard is second hand and was on alot heavier boat so I thought I might need a higher prop pitch.The model they sent me was a TT226R-2XL,i have a DT40 Suzuki,any one else using a tiny tach on their outboard and is this what your using for a model?
Anyways thanks for any replies and I'll try to take some more pictures tomorrow.Do I use image shack to post pictures??

Yes imageshack or photobucket. I like photobucket because you ahve the option of linking them at 640x480 for the web (Imageshack might do this also...not sure)

did you notice any peformance gain in top speed with the higher pitch prop... I have been looking into the Pirahna prop since you get the hub and can swap fins out one at a time if they break or cange pitches real quick. The highest they make is a 17''.

Ummm,this post is like a year old.

I never did get another prop.for that outboard.My current outboard I have 2 props.,an 11 and a 13.The 13 I use when by myself and the 11 with heavier loads.I don't get the rpm with heavier loads and the higher pitch prop.,by myself it's okay.
If your planning on prop.changing,you should have a tach.for sure.
Maybe a new thread too :)

**** what are the odds of it being a year off, I just say that it said april lol. Anyway thnks for the prop info, and happy aluminum anniversary!

Latest posts