grab bar for tiller operation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipster dufus

Reaction score
thinking of installing some kind of grab bar to hold so i can stand up and run my tiller. any ideas? pics? thanks

This is my first post on this forum and first try at uploading a pic! Hopefully it works.

What type of boat do you have?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1344128514.566510.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1344128514.566510.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,877
Here are my DIY PVC tiller extender and grab bar. They're both quick, cheap, simple and work like a charm. The extender is made from 1 1/4" PVC, while the grab bar is made from 1 1/2" schedule 40, regular PVC.

Attachments

• PVC Grab bar 1-labeled.jpg
    PVC Grab bar 1-labeled.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 1,858
  • back rear 3.jpg
    back rear 3.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 1,858
  • top 1.jpg
    top 1.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 1,858
  • rear interor with floor-after.jpg
    rear interor with floor-after.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,858
those are great ideas. i had a tiller extension on my old 9.8. factory made. a little flimsy for the new rig though. i like the pvs one though. the new boat will be a weldbilt 1648 mv with a 30 hp tohatsu 4 stroke, pt/t. i would like to set up a removable grab bar, maybe something that can slide over my seat post. keep the ideas coming!

I'm not sure if Weldbilts have an accessory rail like War Eagles and Tritons, but I know Gator Trax or someone like that makes a grab bar that fits right in that groove. I'd go that route before I spent a bunch on something else or made something that takes up a lot of floor space.

Latest posts