Anchor reel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nowakezone

Reaction score
New to boat ownership, I have seen a couple pictures of a reel system for your anchor. Where can I get on of these? Also, what size anchor would I need to keep me in place on inland lakes with a 12' tin boat?

Nowakezone said:
New to boat ownership, I have seen a couple pictures of a reel system for your anchor. Where can I get on of these? Also, what size anchor would I need to keep me in place on inland lakes with a 12' tin boat?

Hey Nowakezone.........Welcome to the TinBoats family. We're happy to have you on board.

As for the anchor system...I think the most common one is the AnchorMate brand. Here is a link to it at Bass Pro: https://www.basspro.com/Worth-Anchormate-II/product/838/63594

As for the size anchor....that will depend on how calm/rough the water is along with the depth. I can't really answer any better.

Nowakezone said:
Also, what size anchor would I need to keep me in place on inland lakes with a 12' tin boat?

I have an 8 LB mushroom anchor on my 1448, works just fine (I haven't tried it in hurricane force winds though).

Latest posts