Today is the big day......

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pan Fisherman

Reaction score
I purchased a Tracker Pro Deep V 17'er recently and have been getting her ship shape.

The boat was filthy and it was scrubbed down, 2 new batteries have been added, and two on-board tenders for the batteries, fixed some loose switches, checked all the lights, installed new trailer lights as the old ones had been smashed. I drained the old gas and topped it off with fresh gas and some sea-foam. New oil in the oil reservoir. New drain plug was installed, and a complete once over of all her systems was checked. All that is left to do now is fire her 70hp up and turn her loose. :LOL2:

I have a friend coming over tonight to look the motor over before we turn the key. He is a good boat motor mechanic and I have been fighting off the urge to turn the key.

I can hardly wait, as I am ready to do some Perch fishing on Lake Michigan!!

Thanks again for all the input and help I received.

John

Congrats, Pan Fisherman. This is one of the payoffs for all that work and anticipation...have fun.
And post some pics when you get on the water.

Same boat I got and you will love it.

I got mine from friend who had it in storage for about 5 yrs without tarp on it. I had to do same with batteries and fresh gas. It was filled with straw and droppings from birds and mice. I stripped whole boat down, shampooed and power washed carpet couple times. Also cleaned and bleached whole area under wood couple times also to get rid of odor. Took about 4 days to get into shape looked and smelled like new when got it done. I could not be more pleased.

If you put bleach in your aluminum boat you will likely have a boat full of holes from corrosion before long. Bleach and metal do not get along well. Rinsing and rinsing again will not stop the reaction once it gets going( I am in the Carpet cleaning business and did this to an aluminum recovery tank made of 1/4 inch alum. In less than a month I had holes and the alum. practically turned into what looked like white powder. This had fresh water running into it 10 times a day so it was certainly well rinsed!!!

Latest posts