? Will a faulty live well pump cause your boat............

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does your Tracker have bait well in back also? If so I would check tubing on drain make sure it is not disconnected or cracked. D You could try putting plug in that drain hole and see if it stops problem. Also intake for wells that pipe is not cracked also.
I get water in my boat when use live well when I fill it up. Drain holes are high and when take off boat front of boat comes up before to plain or when hit heavy waves, water goes over top. I tried a drain tube in where drain plug is. However Where it's located I have had fish hit it loose couple times draining water out.

Wallijig said:
Does your Tracker have bait well in back also? If so I would check tubing on drain make sure it is not disconnected or cracked. D You could try putting plug in that drain hole and see if it stops problem. Also intake for wells that pipe is not cracked also.
I get water in my boat when use live well when I fill it up. Drain holes are high and when take off boat front of boat comes up before to plain or when hit heavy waves, water goes over top. I tried a drain tube in lice well drain. However Where it's located I have had fish hit it loose couple times draining water out.
I do not have a bait well only a live well. I would have to take out the Fuel Tank and the battery and the oil reservoir to check all of this wouldn't I?

Thanks!
John

I have battery compartment that to left of motor and a bait well to right. with fuel tank infront of them I would be able to take batteries out, look, and service it from there. My has livewell up front and baitwell in back.
Yours must be little different. You should may have that 6" round disc infront of motor you could unscrew and look in there? Believe it's there so one can reach in to bolted motor on easier.

I bought a new boat and had it fill up with water from my livewell. Took it back to the dealer twice and the last time they found that the gasket on top of the livewell had slipped when iot was installed and was letting water go over the top when in rough water. They fixed that and I havn't had a problem since

Latest posts